Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm Twwweoo!

That's Alex's way of saying he's two. I seriously can't believe I'm even writing this post.. where did 2 years go so fast? I mean really, I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and it's so unreal to me that now he's grown so much and gotten so big. I will say this, Alex has been a huge blessing in our lives. He brings so much joy and excitement and has such an amazing happy spirit. Even when John or I are having a not so great day he always seems to make it better and knows exactly how to cheer John and I up!


I will admit I haven't had much time to plan for his party. I actually feel really bad because I've been so busy with other stuff!! But his party is today and we invited the whole family that live around us and a bunch of his friends! He's got some pretty cool toys to open, and I will admit we're even ready for Easter around here! Long story short while I was out of town John bought Alex a bunch of birthday stuff not realizing I bought him stuff too :) So his basket is full, all we are missing is chocolate and eggs!

Alex's Accomplishments in the last few months...

-He's developed a VERY large vocabulary in the last few weeks and is saying things and repeating us all the time!!
-He likes to help out around the house.. feed the dog, put dishes in the dish washer, and sweep the floor (which isn't the best but hey I will take what I can get!!)
-Open/Closing all doors, climbs on everything and gets what he wants when he wants. (climbs in the pantry for "cookiees")
-Brushes his teeth pretty well by himself, he even reminds me when it's time!
-Starting to put his clothes on with less help and likes to pick his "outfets" out.
-Has an opinion about everything! And defiantly has no problem announcing it."nu uh.. uh huuh.. oh yea"
-Is much more independent in things he likes to do, especially eating, cleaning up, and quiet time.
-Very curious about the potty... but we haven't gone there quite yet. Even taking the diaper off!!
-Loves sports already and everything about throwing, catching and dunking <-- daddy loves this one :)
-Talks about the animals and different thing they say, along with greeting them. (moo, woof, bahkak, ooink)
-Is completely obsessed with his "choo choo" he lives for that thing!
-He's a very outgoing to people (which is sometimes scary) he always wants to talk to and play with kids and adults he sees!
-Has a ridiculous good memory and never seems to forget when we tell him "latar" or in a "leetle bit"
-Enjoys going up and down the stairs and thinks he's a "beeg boie" for being able to!
-Knows most of his body parts like "nose, eayah, foot" and what we do with them


And it could go on.. seriously are they suppose to be this much older and more developed at JUST two. Where did my baby go... :( it just feels so weird to think that he's getting big and changing more every day!


My favorite is that I can really understand him, I'm pretty sure I'd loose my mind otherwise. His enunciation amazes me, it definitely makes him sound more grown up!

But I love making this day the best and most special day ever, because it's something Alex's doesn't have to share. It's his day :)

2 comments:

  1. he is so cute!! i am sure he will be a great big brother soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute boy! It sounds like he has changed a ton since we've seen you. Hope you had a fun birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete