Monday, January 19, 2009

I need a vacation.

The last few weeks have been a bet more time consuming and busy then I would of ever imagined. I feel like I could use a nice long vacation on a beach with an umbrella in my cup. Alex is now officially into everything.. and when I say everything.. it's everything. He's in the drawer, climbing on the dish washer trying to mess with the DVDs and the Stereo system.. and that's just a few examples. I literally don't get to sit on the couch and relax unless he's taking a nap or eating. It drives me insane!! I do love him but in recent view of the situation and me trying to find a way to distract him from either hurting himself (which happens a lot lately) or breaking something. He now knows how to climb all the way up the stairs and honestly scared the pants off of me doing it.. I literally had a heart attack.


In other news I've had bad things happening to me left and right. Guess who is yet again teething and got a double ear infection? I really wish I could say me, because the poor guy is miserable and so are John and I. It's never been this bad and after a 103.5 fever I've put this on the list of ONE of the worst things I've been through with Alex. 2 months of acid reflux takes 1st and will for the rest of baby/toddler years I hope. Good thing is though that after he got his medicine naps, bedtime, feeding and his mood all went back to normal in less than 6 hours. THANK GOODNESS!

I didn't know food was so exhausting.. I went to the bathroom during lunch and came back to this..


Oh and over Christmas vacation my stroller also broke, I feel extremely lucky lately. I love Chicco, everything about them until my stroller broke and I almost threw it into on coming traffic. I have to say one thing though, I wasn't very delicate with it and I should of known it was bound to happen. But I called them and I've never had more amazing customer service and have people willing to do anything to help. They sent me out a new one right away, right before Christmas and it got here the following week! I was so lucky and the new one is great.. I love how they did me right.



This new fancy thing has become a new favorite of mine, I had to retire my old diaper bag.It finally ripped and I started searching for a new one, I searched and searched and tried to find a good deal on a nice one. I found a Fleurville that I loved and just had to have, I couldn't pass up a cute diaper bag for a good price and who doesn't deserve to carry a nice bag when you have to put all your favorite purses on hold for a few years!

Walking seems to be closer and closer in our near future, I've been dying for him to be able to ride on this duck since I bought it.. It's the funniest thing ever.



Since all of this post took me about 4 days to write since we've got family in town and I haven't been home the last 4 days to do much I think I'm going to relax on the couch and play some Wii Fit, I know you're jealous.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is putting you through it! He and Mads should get together and tear my house up. They would love it. Cute diaper bag! I've been using a big purse that I bought before Mads was born and now it is broken. I've been putting off buying something new because I just don't bring very much stuff with me anymore, unless we are going to church.

    If you go to a beach, take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I feel for ya. That's a lot to be on your plate. And having a sick baby is the worst. I hope he gets better soon adn you enjoy good health. It's really going around. You should probably be aware that the croup is going around in this area right now. Anyway, Alex and Rory only have colds, thank goodness, but boy does that make them grumpy! Hope we can get together when they're healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jada has a new love for the dvd's also. it is a game she plays everyday, sometimes lots of times a day. it's amazing they survive because it feels like everything in the house is a hazard or injury waiting to happen. hang in there. it only gets harder:) he he:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts... i am so very, very sorry for the illnesses and recent stress. sending my love that you find sme down time to continue your passion of bloggin...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Malachi climbs on top of everything and puts himself in very dangerous situations quite often. Crazy kid.

    I am glad you got a replacement stroller so quickly. I was just thinking about how good my stroller had been to me as I roughly threw it into the back of the van. I thought that I should probably be more gently with it since it was getting on in years. It has lived a good life and has no plan sof retiring any time soo.

    Oh- love the diaper bag too- It is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, what a bad run! I can't stand it when my kids are sick... like today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and thanks for reminding me that I need to pamper myself with a new diaper bag before Crewton arrives home!

    ReplyDelete