Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall Colors, Mini-Picnics, and Doc Apts.

Lets start from the end and word ourselves backwards, just for the heck of it. The two things I really hate about taking Alex to the doctor is the drive has gone from being about 5 minutes from the house to about 20 minutes and the fact that the office is so busy that we sometimes end up waiting 20 or 30 minutes to see Alex's doctor. I hate waiting, if I had things to do to keep me busy while I was there I wouldn't complain but because all I have to do is look at my phone and keep Alex busy, which gets quite boring for him after about 10 or 15 minutes.

But once we finally got to see Alex's doctor we found out how big Alex is getting, he's almost off the charts growth wise! Gosh, I can't believe the fact that my son's growth doesn't just slow down a little. He's in 9 month old clothing and almost ready for 12 months, I feel like I can't buy him enough clothes to fit in! He's wearing size 4 diapers and I guess has for awhile now, he's eating 8 ounces a feeding with cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and veggies for dinner. I thought that was enough, the doctor told me to start him on table food! I was actually speechless and shocked all at the same time. But I guess it's a good way to get him started on getting use to what we eat cause there are a few veggies and fruit he doesn't prefer.


And we're definitely dealing with his two top teeth that are trying to cut through above you can see him with the frozen pacifier, and him reaching for me holding the baby carrot he chews on. Poor Alex has been miserable he's drooling like crazy, and he gets kinda fussy where he wants me to hold him until he falls asleep. This usually last for about 2 or 3 days until it cuts through, but these two are taking a little bit longer. I feel so bad for him cause all I can do is give him Tylenol or Motrin, teethers, frozen pacifiers, and other stuff to be a short relief. That and trying to soothe him with rocking, bouncing, and swinging, I thought his shots would of been bad but he barely flinched at the doctors office, and those usually involve a minute or so of crying until I kiss them and make him laugh. Nope, teething definitely tops whatever else is going on, it reminds me of when Alex and the acid reflux days. Speaking of acid reflux Alex no longer has to take any medicine! Woo hoo! He hasn't had symptoms in a month or two but they always say to keep giving it to make sure it doesn't reappear. Well I finally ran out, and he hasn't changed a bit either way, thank goodness for that!

Well on Saturday we went up into the mountains to enjoy the cooler weather and go on a fun picnic (which I was DYING from hunger by the time we got there) and enjoy some time to relax and be a family. Which I love doing, John and I spend a lot of time together but it's usually at home or when we are out running errands and I'm super lucky he gets to spend a lot of time with Alex, but we all needed a break from reality and time to kind of get away.


Aren't his shoes just adorable, I found them while I was pregnant with Alex and I've been waiting to put him in the things. They are so cute and he actually loves wearing them! I know they're for looks and all but I love dressing him up!


We all had so much fun taking tons of pictures of the leaves changing and playing out in the leaves! The food was all so delicious even though all I had was a hotdog, trail mix, and beef jerky. Don't think I didn't want some of those chips that you see in that picture, because I did but I didn't give in though!!


Alex loved chewing on the water bottles for some reason, he grabbed it all by himself and when I would take it away and give him something different he wasn't very happy. And he's trying to squirm out of the bumbo now that he's getting bigger.. before I know it he'll be getting out all on his own.


I always forget why I love the fall, probably because nothing really changes in Dallas. Of course the leaves changes, but it's definitely not as pretty as it is here. I think I take the beautiful landscape and mountains for granted some times, it really is beautiful here as much as I'd rather move back to Dallas. I wouldn't mind someday having a little vacation home here.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment