Friday, September 19, 2008

Shin splints

Where to begin, I feel like this week has been kind of a longer week than others. Even though I'm all unpacked and everything seems to be in order I keep finding myself with unfinished tasks all over the house. I'm the kind of person who has to have things complete if you don't already know me, I'm close to having OCD when in comes to cleaning and I love order. Funny how having a baby puts you into shambles and doesn't let life run the way you want/expect it to.

Alex seems to be dealing with teething a little bit better this time around then the first time. Maybe it's because I caught it early or maybe I'm just able to read the signs when he really needs something. But I can say this, I really feel for the moms who have babies screaming hours and hours on end because nothing helps their poor gums. All Alex needs is a frozen pacifier, some toys to chew on and maybe some Tylenol here and there. All in all it's going good, I hope I just didn't jinx myself.

So, I've found a new kind of "hobby" you might call it. I spend a few hours a week making new blog backgrounds and headers for myself. It's actually become quite fun and the more and more I work on it the better I seem to be getting. I hope to be able to make some of those awesome backgrounds that you see the pros make. But it's all in good time and from going to having no idea what I'm doing to finally getting the hang of it makes me feel pretty good about myself. I'm pretty handy with a lot of html codes/css/xml and I've become pretty good with Photoshop. I think I'm becoming a computer nerd.

So.. the topic on hand. Shin splints; Have you ever just run yourself to the end of your rope and ended up realizing you've probably pushed yourself a little to much? Well I finally realized that yesterday after wondering what the heck was wrong with me. But let's take a little step back in time.. back oh not to long ago lets say 3 or 4 years. I never had to workout as a teenager, I always had a high metabolism and never worried about my figure. I did have to run in sports like cheer leading, drill team, and track (the little that I did, I wasn't to much of a candidate for that sport I'm only 5'4 ya know) Well we usually ran everyday either before school or after to just make sure we were staying somewhat fit, but lately I had been having to run before and after school and it was kind of wearing me out. I started to complain about my shins hurting but kept blowing it off until one day I could barely even walk, and I went to the nurse and she laughed saying someone must of been working me hard or something like that and said I had shin splints and to take a week off from running and do the stationary bike. Well I've found myself in the same position now, I run 6 days a week and I have for awhile now, I also meet with my trainer 2-3 days a week to do the right exercises for my legs/abs/arms and follow her advice about running. I drink tons of water and I stretch and I couldn't figure it out until now, or at least I think I have.. I've been running a little bit longer and at a faster speed. Whatever I've done it's made it to where I have to ride a stationary bike and I'm definitely not a fan of the bike.

Well I'll be fine, but I hate the fact that my schedule is all thrown off now, and I now know how Alex feels when his schedule gets throw him off. Eh.. enough.

I leave you with this..

Funny little thing he is, I need to post the video of him eating and playing with his food.

I promise to get to my tag from Amy done next, it's just hard to think of 6 "quirks" right off the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment