Monday, September 29, 2008

The weekend blues.

So I have to be honest, I love when the weekend comes around because even though I spend a lot of time with John during the week I feel like I really get a lot of more one on one time during the weekend. Well with John trying to get his website finished, me trying to get a few things in the house organized, Alex trying to get attention in the mix and showing his love for his new training cup, and me with a sprained wrist.

Can life get anymore exciting?


Oh yes I think it can, it finally happened.. the one thing I was worried about. I didn't even notice it until Saturday when John and I were cooking dinner and I put Alex down on his play mat and next thing I know he's moved about a foot behind it. I didn't really think much of it and just thought he'd probably rolled himself there. I moved him back and got back to starting dinner, after everything was going I sat down on the couch and started a that new movie "Made of Honor". (Which is a great movie btw) I kept glancing over at Alex and every time I looked over he seemed farther away from his toys. I decided to move him back and watch him for a minute or two to figure out what was going on. All the sudden after putting him out his stomach he gets into the push-up position and starts grabbing for his toys.. Ok ok no big deal right? Yeah right, until he starts moving those legs and I see him pushing his butt in the air and going backwards. I put two and two together and realized Alex is crawling backwards! I was shocked, happy, and nervous all in the same moment and all I could think about is my life is going to change a little more again! I know I still have some time before he really gets moving fast but I know it won't be as long as I like. And we all know what that mean, baby proofing. I haven't decorated my house to much just yet because I knew the days of baby proofing were coming and didn't want to find new places for stuff that Alex my get into. I guess I'll be looking for more and more things to secure my home up so Alex doesn't start getting into trouble. I know the statement most mothers say is true though, once they start getting to where they are moving around it gets tougher because you have to watch them 24/7 from then on out. I'm definitely not ready for this. I'll have to post a video of him "in the act". =)


I won't go into the training cup to much other than Alex is holding his bottle so well I thought I'd give a training cup a try. Well it actually went well other then the fact I tried it on him when he was starving and he hated the sippy spout. Obviously your not suppose to try new things like that out when your child is starving to death. Smart huh? Update on the teeth, they are slowly making their way down and deciding to be stubborn which ends up irritating Alex. Fun fun fun.

Well in less exciting news, John's been a bit more busier than he usually is working hard like always and I've been stuck trying to entertain myself. That consists of me organizing things that haven't been taken care of yet, exercising, catching up on a few shows I've been watching and getting a book or two read. Also it's a good thing I have such nice ladies in my Ward. I've finally made some friend and I'm glad that I'll probably have more fun activities to keep me busy during the week. I've pretty much finished a few things I needed to get organized and set up and I was worrying what I was going to do with all my free time. I'm also glad good friend of mine that lived in my previous ward is actually moving down to Provo for a little while which I'm super excited about. She's got to great kids and expecting her 3rd here soon and she's so much fun to be around!

Ok and the sprained wrist issue. Let me first update you that I haven't had Shin Splints for a little over a week now and I was EXTREMELY happy to be able to give up the bike. It wasn't very fun and I could never get my heart rate up enough no matter how hard I pushed myself. Well since I go on the elliptical machine things have been a whole lot better until Thursday. I didn't notice until the next day but after I did lifting for my upper chest I realized my wrist was bothering me. I hurt my lovely tendon in my right wrist and have to wear it in an ace bandage for a few days, I hope it heals soon I feel like I keep getting myself off my routine! ARGH!

But the fun thing is the countdown for Halloween begins in a few days!! I've already picked out Alex's costume and just have to order it online! I can't wait to post picture of it, and even though I might be in Dallas for Halloween we'll still have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment