Friday, December 12, 2008

Growing Pains

Well I have to say suddenly after John gave Alex a blessing all the kid has been doing is sleeping. It's actually kind of bizarre cause he usually sleeps normal ya know 12 hours or so at night and two or 3 naps. Well it's turned into 15 or 16 hours with 2 extremely long naps. In other words he must be growing cause he's eating me out of house and home, but I can't complain cause a hungry baby is a happy baby!

Did I mention I'm a compulsive buyer? I'm considering joining a group because sometimes I wonder if I need therapy for my issues. Ok maybe it's not compulsive buying but I have a hard time passing up amazing deals! Who doesn't right? Well I've been dying to get Alex the Fisher-Price Go Baby Go Crawl and Cruise Musical Jungle but who the heck wants to pay $74.99? Not me.. but I can't pass up a deal on Amazon for $30.99! I swore off buying anything else and am finished! No more Christmas gifts for Alex!

I hate that I haven't been blogging much, but I only really have time to blog now when Alex is napping or in bed cause he gets into every thing! He's crawling everywhere and pulling on the tree, taking ornaments down and somehow pulling presents out from under the tree and opening them! I wish I had a camera at the time but I was laughing my butt off!

Oh and here is the big fun update.. Alex said his first word. What do you think it is.... all I can say is it made me happiest mom ever! It was "Mum Ma" It took me awhile to really figure out if he knew what he was saying and if he understood it but every time he seems to reach out for me or get upset with something and looks at me it comes out. Now not all the time and that's why I couldn't figure it out. But after me closely watching it's happened!! Exciting huh??!! I wish I could make him say it all the time it makes me smile every time he does! I'm trying to figure out if he's figured out "da da" he seems to say it when John comes home from work and same with "ba ba" when he sees his bottle. But I am SO excited the communication has started! The unknown screaming for something was driving me insane!

Feeding has become an all day snacking spree by the way. Alex would so much rather to prefer to feed himself if it was possible, spoon and all. He feeds himself the big food but when it comes down to those itty bitty freeze dried fruit he gets so mad he can't pick it up! And if he finally does he ends up sticking his whole fist in his mouth trying to get the poor thing in there! Seems like he's impatient like his mother and father.. and wants to accomplish everything right away. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about putting his pacifier in his mouth, he does it all by himself now yay!

Alex seems to become the singer of our little family! When he hears music in church or at home he tries to "sing" or babble through it.. it's so cute! Please pray for me that Alex's two teeth will cut through they're almost there!!

Well back to more last minute Christmas shopping and getting the dang holiday cards out! I've been meaning to get it done and now it's down to the line!

But I thought I'd leave this for you to laugh at..



Sorry Blogger's Video Up-loader isn't working. Look at that crazy hair!! That's Alex performing to Britney Spears new CD, gotta love iMovie and Final Cut. Alex loved to watch this video over and over again of himself! As you can see he really wants to crawl to his toys and is seriously trying to learn to stand and the bath tub is a perfect place for him I guess.

Oh P.S. What do you do after size 6? I'm going to have to put Alex in them and I don't know what to do after he can't fit!! I'm actually freaking out! I'll have to tell the lovely story to go along with this another time..

No comments:

Post a Comment