Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bottles, Swings, Clothes oh my!!

Well I know the heading doesn't sound as great as lions, tigers, and bears but it feels like a huge oh my around here. But we'll get to that in a second. Oh and this post is A LOT longer than I thought it would of been. It's been awhile though!

David and Rachel were here this weekend (John's brother and his wife) and I was super glad to get to see them since they had been in Utah since Thanksgiving of '06! You guys need to get back over here more often!! It was great to get to visit with them because I definitely have an awesome time talking to them. They're very easy to talk to and super outgoing! I was sad to say goodbye last night because we didn't get enough time with them. But it's ok I know John and I will have to go up to Chicago on the next few months so we'll get together again!

John and I went to see Indiana Jones on Friday and ya know I think it was pretty good! Other than the whole bizarre scenes of Indiana flying through the air in a lead refrigerator after an atomic bomb and the flying saucer I think it was good. I know they were able to use a whole lot more animation and effects then they could 20 years ago and it wasn't too over done. It definitely did great in the box office and I have this feeling that Shia Labeouf is going to take on the legacy and make more!

So about these bottles, swings and clothes. Well lets just start with the swing.. I'm a HUGE fan of craigslist, I love looking on there for great bargains because who wants to spend a lot of money when you don't have to? Anyone that isn't familiar with it, it's a web site that allows you to sell New or Used items for free! It's used all over the world, and a great way to sell old things that you don't need anymore. You can also try to get jobs, use their forums, find housing and a bunch of other things. I've sold and purchased things and it's defiantly saved me a ton of cash and also made me some money on old things I don't use anymore. Well back to the main point. I've been searching for a nice travel swing for Alex because he LOVES to be in a swing. If he's not napping the sling I wear or laying around he loves swinging. Well I finally found a travel swing for 20 bucks and it's only a few months old and practically new! Only 20 bucks!! What a deal! All I had to do was wash and lysol it down and it's great! Now I don't have to worry about him not being able to swing when he's being babysat. He's chewing on his hands which is another of his favorite past time.. but how cute!


And this is him about 5 mins later!


Next the clothes situation. Ok I've got this baby who doesn't want to stop growing! I had to go buy him new clothes already, and you know most kids go from Newborn to 0-3 to 3 months then 6 months. Not my kid he's already in 6 months! Geezz.. at this rate I'll be buying clothes every few weeks! I got him some new clothes that were on sale and he's almost ready to wear them but man.. I just can't believe I had to buy clothes I thought I had enough until he was 1 yr old! Heck I have enough for twins!

Here our some of a few of his new clothes..


and here is the huge pile I have to put in storage! Oh well.. at least I know I'm having more babies!


Last but definitely not least. I've been talking to a few friends and also reading another friends blog called Karen's Tip right there to the right on information and tips about various stuff. Thank goodness for it, I've really found it handy! Well there's this big hype about the BPA issue. There are a bunch of web sites talking about it and explaining the tests that have been done and the danger of the bottles. Now I'm a HUGE fan of everything Avent.. from sterilizers to bottle warmers to bottles.. nipples.. pacifiers I mean everything. And I was super sad to read about this huge BPA thing. They even say it's in pacifiers and formula too! I did my research online and talked to Babies R Us and bottles are their only thing they've heard about for right now. I was able to return my 20 or so Avent bottles to Babies R Us today and receive a pretty nice in-store credit. Only some stores are doing it so make sure you call first! Make sure you do it fast also, I don't know how long they're doing it for! But good thing is you don't need a box or receipt and whatever they're selling for they'll give you that price in credit back. These are the ones I bought:


I was introduced to the Born Free bottles which come in a harder BPA-free plastic and also glass. I'm not a fan of glass so I went with the plastic. I heard Dr. Brown's is also coming out with Polypropylene bottles and they should be at Babies R Us soon but they're pretty price online right now. 3-8 oz for 40.00 bucks. I got my Born free 2-9 oz for 20.00. Both aren't cheap, but I'd rather get 4-40.00 then 3-40.00. I know Dr. Brown's also makes glass, but like I said I'm not a fan of glass and I really don't want my son throwing a glass bottle once he's able to hold it on his own. Avent suppose to come out with their own version but I haven't seen to much news on that. Anyways.. I went the stretch and got a bunch and Alex seems to be doing just fine with them.

In other news Alex's acid reflux got worse over the weekend. THe bad news is John and I had 2 days of hell to deal with, with a screaming baby who was so upset and wouldn't eat. The worst of it all was that Saturday was John's birthday and we had plans to do a lot of fun stuff with Alex. Bummer. It was a mixture of the soy formula he got and his medicine dose being too low. The doctor on call had us schedule a upper GI but good news is he doesn't have to have one! My doctor called me today and said they're was no need and since the medicine seems to be working just great, we've hopefully got smooth sailings from here on out! Hopefully by the time he's 4 months it'll be all over and done with the doctor said! Hooray!

Also I wanted to share these to cute pictures of Alex, the first one with him straining to stare at the lights up top..


and the second one is of his cute little smiles! All he does now is smile! Every time John and I play with him or start talking to him he's all smiles. That and he likes to play the stand for 15 secs and then sit/fall over. LOL What a happy smiling baby I have.. I'm so lucky!


I've got such a great baby! And he just gets cuter every single day! Sorry this is so long, but I hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. Thanks everyone on your comments on the Temple and being sealed! I really appreciate it! I start Temple Prep Classes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment