Friday, May 30, 2008

Sickness is in the air

Well I'm extremely lucky to being able to update so quickly, I don't know how I found the time with everything crazy going and especially with my birthday tomorrow (i'll be 20! :)and Alex's blessing on Sunday. Woo. I feel completely wiped out with everything I've been dealing with this week. Gosh I never have time to even eat these days, no wonder I keep losing weight with no effort!

Anyhow I was just enjoying my Thursday evening yesterday watching TV, playing with Alex and after I ate Chick-fila which I loveee by the way, all the sudden I hear these baby coughs. I look at Alex and think "Ah well he's probably swallowed some spit the wrong way". (something he always does) Well he did it a few more times and then I started to worry, but the time I thought it was going to mean a doctor's visit it was to late to call the doc. He had a little bit of a hard time for a few hours last night and I took his temperature and sure enough he was running a small fever.

Worst thing of all is he's such a little angel about it all after I gave him some baby tylenol! It breaks my heart to see him sick, but most of all he's handling it so well! He's sleeping a ton, which has been very common in him lately, but the only thing is he was eating less until this afternoon so hopefully the worst has some how past. Funny thing is I got up and took him to the doctor today and he's 13lbs 7 ozs. He gained a freaking pound in 6 days, my mouth literally dropped. The doctor was even surprised! He definitely has no problems being a little chow hound, and he definitely got all of his daddy's genes in the height department! I keep telling everyone I'm going to have all these kids and their going to be all taller than me and I'll be this midget in the family photos.

But any ways you know how you always hear women or even maybe your mom say to you when you were young that she wishes she could take it all away if she could. I feel like that right now, poor thing has bronchitis and I know how much that sucks! Trust me I usually get it 4-5 times a year, and that's only on good years!

I just wish it would warm up and stay nice and pretty, not to hot or to cold and no one would be sick! But I know that, that would never happen and I need to come back to reality.

Well May is almost over and it's already June! I can't believe half of this year is already over and it's gone by so fast! I just can't wait to see what the rest of this year brings. Life only seems to be getting better and better as the days go by.

Well I'm off to John and my birthday dinner. Market Street Grill.. mm mm yummy. Thank goodness for coupons and gift certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment