Monday, June 9, 2008

The Obsession

Well I've been pretty lucky lately, I've had a lot more free time now that Alex is over the bronchitis and we hardly notice his acid reflux. The only time I remember he has it is when he's got to take his medicine once a day. Pretty easy you could say.. no more fussiness over here yay! I feel like my life is gone back to normal now.. other than we have a little baby now! He's sleeping a lot more during the night and eating 6 ounces in the evening. I guess you could say he like a big dinner he he he. Ah and he's finally holding his head up without it flopping around everywhere. How fast they grow.

I was worried since John is working more and not at home as much like he was the first 6 weeks that he was going to miss all of Alex's big milestones. Well boy was I wrong! I seem to be the one missing them and I'm with the kiddo all day! John got to see the official first smile, and today he got to see the official first laugh. I was wondering why he was laughing so hard this evening and I come out from trying to attempt to write a few emails and update the blog and I missed it! Dang it! John made Alex smile and John started laughing when all the sudden John heard it, Alex laughed! So much for worrying about John missing much, I seem to be the one! I still have bets he's gonna see "mama" before he says "dada" but we'll see.

Ok so the obsession is.... dumb roll please! I'm officially obsessed with the Twilight series. I broke my record for reading a book and I read the second book New Moon in a 1 1/2. I read the 2nd to last or the last Harry Potter in 3 days so ya I've definitely got a problem. I couldn't even put the book down! I only put it down for church yesterday and the minute we got home I picked it back up! lol It's been great able to read though because all I have to do is throw Alex in his sling and jump in the glider and off I go. I just went and bought the 3rd book at target this evening, they have such good deals on books btw. Gosh I just couldn't put the book down until I knew Edward was coming back in the picture. I couldn't even read Amy's blog because I was scared it was going to ruin the next book for me. (Sorry Amy :)
Here are a few funny pics I thought I'd share--


This is what Alex looks like after he eats.. he looks like he's drugged up!


His mustache and how mad he gets when we take the bottle away for a burp


He was so upset about 2 mins before this picture, John just put him on his tummy and he was happy as could be!


and lastly close up!

So we have a really soft pillow top mattress with a duvey cover and a goose down comforter as you can see and John wanted me to let everyone know that in the 2nd to last picture he was "monitoring" Alex sleeping face down with his head turned, he keeps repeating to me "I wasn't going to let him suffocate or anything ok".

And look our new family of fish, they all died and there is a poor goldfish we've had for like 8 months or so is finally trying so hard not to die he's been pulling through for over a week. These are our replacement pets until we get a dog next March. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment