Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh how it never ends.

Well the last few days I've realized a few things.

-My cell phone has finally broken and I need to buy a new one
-Starting dinner about 30mins- 1 hour earlier is necessary for early guests
-Alex can no longer be left anywhere elevated not even for 1 second
-Putting Alex down for a nap awake is the best decision I could ever make.

Lets just say I am the kind of person that has to learn everything the hard way, that or I am the person who think something will never happen to me. I have no idea why I do these things, but I do and it keeps happening over and over and over again. It's almost like I completely forget until I screw up.

I'm actually quite surprised that I was able to get my cell phone to last me almost a year. I have this thing with always breaking my cell phone, no matter what I do something happens to it. I have had a cell phone since I was like 14 years old and even since then I've had problems, but for some reason it just seems to keep getting worse over the years. I'm either the clumsiest person you've ever met or I just have bad luck. I don't think I've ever gone more than 24 hours without my phone not working either, and I feel so lost without it. As pathetic as it sounds it's my primary source for communication through email, texts and phone calls and if I don't have it I feel like I'm missing my keys or wallet. Well it's gone, gone for good. It keeps turning on and off repeatedly like it's possessed or something and I either have to leave the battery out or leave it in the other room because at night it starts to freak me out. Funny thing this is happening on the 30 day countdown of Halloween.. maybe it's a sign? Lol.. joking.

So we made plans at church last weekend to have the Missionaries over for dinner last night and boy it went from almost being a complete disaster to a pretty ok dinner.(Thankfully!) John was running late from work I was completely utterly frustrated and had to run to the stores to buy groceries because time was running short. We were suppose to be doing a whole Dutch Oven meal but by looking at the time I knew it wasn't going to work out. I get home and get all the groceries laid out and run to hop in the shower.. the door bell rings. It's the missionaries and I'm still in my workout clothes from going to the gym and completely about to blow up on John. Thank goodness he pulls up as I start talking to them and I'm able to go upstairs. A friend of ours is curious about the church and we decided the best way for him to figure it out was for him to talk to the people who devote 2 years of their lives to spreading the gospel. We changed dinner from Dutch Oven cooking to BBQ, steamed veggies, rice, and dutch oven cobbler (the BEST desert on this earth which I had to refrain from.. ok I had like ONE bite I considered my first cheat day in a few weeks!) It was actually so good! The lesson was amazing and I hope it inspired our friend because it's probably the best thing we could ever share with him. You could totally feel the Spirit the minute the missionaries walked in and you could even tell because it was close the Alex's bedtime and he was the most awake happy baby (bedtime he usually gets fussy until someone lays him down in his crib) I can't wait to have them back next week for another attempt of Dutch Oven cooking! (John wants steak but we'll see who wins that argument) =]


Ok so even though Alex is starting to "creep" and is rolling, we've never had an issue with him sitting on the couch alone. Well I'm glad that I was there to save the day when he decided to what seem like him jumping off the couch. He dropped a toy off the end and it's like he threw himself forward to go get it. It's actually pretty funny when you think about it, until you realize he can't catch himself. Well thank goodness for me that I was on the floor picking up some thing I dropped not to far away and caught him. Maybe he just thinks I'm always going to be there to save the day, I don't know but what a nice little scare I had. I have banned him from the couch unless we are sitting with him, he can't even sit in the "bumbo" anywhere but the floor cause he tries to push himself out of it. I have no idea why those things say until like 14 months cause Alex already wants out! He's such a mess but I love him.. I hate being scared like that!!


So nap time, nap time can be difficult at times. Alex has always been a very wide-eyed curious baby since the day he was born. Now that he's getting more mobile he can't miss a thing and wants to be part of everything. Well I know when he gets cranky it's time for a nap, and I usually pop the pacifier in and pat his back or just rock him for a minute. It doesn't work anymore because he just tries to get into the push up position and start looking around and starts to laugh. That lasts for about 10 minutes and then he gets tired of it all. Well I found the solution, I just put him in his crib and turn his mobile and singing thing on and walk out. What a wonderful way to get him to take a few naps a day, that and sleeping at night has gotten back on schedule. With the move and the trip to Dallas back to back Alex was sleeping 12 hours but sometimes he would fall asleep at 8 and get up at 6 or 7 and then fall back asleep. Which isn't to bad (I shouldn't complain) but I like to get up to sleep until at least 7:30 and go to the gym if I don't go in the afternoon. But it's finally turned around back to the 9-9 schedule.. so I can go to the gym Alex and John can sleep and everyone can be happy. I hope the next trip doesn't throw him off again! *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment