Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cruising.

Their is a new movie coming out called Confessions of a Shopholic, and I know for sure they're talking all about me. I've been doing a lot of shopping lately. I've trying to get some of Alex's birthday shopping out of the way, I know it sounds completely nuts but I figured since I had all these coupons and all the things I seem to be wanting are on sale I figured hey.. why not? I promised myself that I would NOT give him any of his clothes early (heaven forbid he needs them with a full closet) and that all of his toys would stayed locked up. Ya, I know I went and did it. I bought more toys, because my kid just needs more and more things to play with, sooner or later someone is going to come over and wonder what our problem is and wonder where our other child is at. But good news is I've picked a theme that I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with.. I love Dr. Seuss and every time I read it to Alex he seems to giggle. So I figured hey why not? Lets do that, it's fun cute and I can work with tons of ideas!

I've kind of had an disruptive week so far, I had to take my car into the shop for the check engine light. I've got to say to all of those people who talk smack about Audi my has been amazing. It had one issue when I bought it, and hasn't had one for over a year until now. It was of course had to do with the whole evap system (which is common in an Audi) but thankfully it was covered under my warranty! And not only did they fix it they fixed the annoying heather blower that started squealing a few days before.. my ashtray which for some odd reason wasn't closing and found the missing button for my seat adjustment! I was praying things would get better and one of the biggest worries on my mind was my car! I feel pathetic saying that when most people are losing their homes, or have nothing to eat and I'm worried about my car being in top shape. But it took a huge stress off my shoulders and put a smile on my face after 2 days of not having it and getting it back all shiny and back to normal. Oh that and Alex has 2 more teeth cutting, and he's been a big box of fuss starting at 6pm, but after two nights of figuring out what he wants, how he wants it, and when to do it things seem to be getting back to normal other than he's irritated. I wish I was as lucky as most people who had babies who only maybe had 4 or 5... heck even 6. Nope this will be 9 & 10, and knowing him he won't stop after that.

Alex has learned to love the toothbrush though, I never knew brushing teeth would be so easy! He laughs and giggles when I use it on him and even if I used it 10 times a day he wouldn't care!! I feel so lucky because i bet most moms have a wrestling fight with their toddlers to get it done. Gosh did I just say toddlers? Man.. I never thought I'd say that. Alex is also still cruising along, he's been doing it for a bit now and just keeps getting faster and learning how to go around objects. Sneaky is more like it, man he just walks and walks with the furniture as much as possible! He's still unsure about doing it by himself, and it's probably cause every time he tries he gets a a nice bruise on his head from falling. He's also found the need to dance, he does it on his knees and also standing.. both are hilarious. I promise to post a video of it.

But in the mean time.. I figured I show you how he's moving around!



Alex is doing this with all the furniture whether he should or shouldn't, especially the TV Stand... grr.

4 comments:

  1. That video kills me. He is so adorable and I love his pants. Do they make them for adults?

    I am happy that your car is fixed. I think car problems are always stressful. And as for buying things for Alex, just wait until you have a couple more kids and you'll be so sick of dealing with toys, toys, and more toys that you'll be giving things away instead of buying more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video rocked... i am looking forward to that stage (too) with Jackson... ever stage is awesome. Sorry about the car.. which Audi (Jeff is looking at the SUV for me... should he still?) Great entry, thanks for the update. Alex is wicked cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to play catch up! I didn't realize I was missing your posts! Alex is as cute as ever. Ilove hearing all your stories about him. Malachi loves brushing his teeth too. I think it's because he would watch his sisters doing it and feel like he was missing out.

    So are you pregnant? Is that why you are having mysterious illness'?

    ReplyDelete