Sunday, February 1, 2009

A whole lotta nothin.

How my weekend started out--

-John packing for a scout trip
-Me sick (no surprise there I've been getting a mystery sickness for awhile now)
-Alex attempting to destroy my home.

It all started Friday afternoon and me waking up completely and utterly exhausted and nauseous. I haven't been sleeping well, and being nauseous and tired on top of it didn't help. John hadn't even begun to pack for his overnight trip and I was trying to figure out what to do with my night. But the time for him to leave came fast, and it was honestly kind of weird for me to see him off because it's usually me going out of town. I didn't know what to do with myself and I figured I'd do all these fun and wonderful things while he was gone. I had plans to go get my favorite food.. and ended up buying a shake for dinner at Sonic (I figured I needed a treat since I didn't eat all day), and watching my favorite movie.. changed tome and Alex seeing who could laugh the hardest with him conking out at 9. I then spent the remainder of the evening shopping on ebay (which has become a recent obsession, pathetic don't ask) and watching Pride & Prejudice for the 500th time.. by far the best movie EVER. They're just so meant for each other *sigh*

The weekend continued with me actually sleeping in with Alex, and feeling a bit better. I decided to treat myself since I had to hubby to spend time with, and go up to Salt Lake and buy myself some clothes and a pair of shoes which I haven't done in awhile surprisingly enough. (Ebay doesn't count! lol) I then found myself in the baby section shopping for Alex like I always do, I say that because even though he has a full closet full of things and he's finally actually able to stay in a set of clothes long enough I just keep buying. But I found an excuse since ya know his birthday is coming up right? Lol. My friend Patrice showed up with her son Isaac who just turned a year and is totally Alex's BFF. These boy LOVE each other and always do the most hilarious things together. We went around all day out running errands, and let the boys play in the cart and realized that when we go out together the boys want nothing to do with us. They'd rather play with each other and us not get involved. Can I even describe how happy I was??

With John returning from his trip at -17 degree weather and as bright as an apple I knew I'd be lucky to even go out with him on a date. I'll just leave it short, he enjoyed himself but ended up with his last text message that he'd loved me and thought he was freezing to death. But he made it home safe all in one piece, thankfully. Luckily he perked up even though he wasn't feeling well and we went out for awhile and got to enjoy each others company. I'm always glad when we get time together.

We thought we'd get him practicing young to drive ya know? And hey who does like Mario Cart?


Oh and Alex, man that kid is a handful. I've realized more and more that I need to just stop thinking it's gonna get easier. Don't I always say that? He's learning to stand on his own now and can for a few seconds and is almost to walking by himself. He'll only attempt to do it when something is a few inches apart, but it's hilarious how he shuffles his little feet. All I know is that he's getting so many bumps and bruises from his attempts I suspect people think I'm beating the poor kid. Oh and yes, I finally got sick and tired of him destroying my kitchen and our bedroom that I went out and bought him the Fisher Price kitchen and then door/house to go with it. Call it an early birthday present or whatever but I figured if he had a toy he could stand and play with and also have many things to keep busy he'd give me 5 minutes to get the dishes done. It's seemed to have helped so far, but he's still completely obsessed with climbing the stairs and trying to walk. He's decided to also chew and eat everything, he's still teething and drooling everywhere. I'm honestly scared to stick my finger in his mouth to see how the teeth are coming in, because I dare give him the chance to lock down on me.

He look entertained right??


There is that unmistakeable face again, that "oh ya, I'm up to no good"


I promise to blog more, I know if I blog every few days my posts will be shorter and more picture filled. I'm never good about taking pictures of us.. usually just Alex and from time to time John.

4 comments:

  1. He is so cute, it's no wonder all the pictures are of him. I hope he loves his toy and you get some uninterrupted time in the kitchen. Mady likes to sit on the open dishwasher door and unload the silverware which is fine when it is clean, otherwise--gross. I haven't been to SLC in so long, I'd love to go shopping there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the photos and how you sound like such a proud mommy! that is awesome and boys are always up to no good, then they become men and continue the same... laughing! Great update... sorry you were sick and thank you for all your help! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love him playing Mario Kart! Before you know it he will be heading soccer balls on the Wii Fit! Can't wait to see the new blog layout you made for me hint hint wink wink. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex looks too smart for his own good!

    ReplyDelete