Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

I'm a little late on this one but no worries. I love an excuse to do something special for the man I love whether it's just because I love him or because they're is a day dedicated to it! I can't get enough of Valentine's day and was honestly counting down the days until it was here. I never really plan things for big days like this, John always enjoy it and loves to surprise me. (I hate surprises btw) But we actually kept it simple and sweet this year because we knew if we went all out Alex would have a hard time being included!

Friday night my wonderful in-laws offered to baby sit my little munchkin so John and I could go out to dinner and enjoy some amazing food!! We went to Market Street Grill--YUMMY! Every time we go somewhere we always see people we know! I was chatting up with a girl I didn't know and a few minutes later after they get seated we see them seated with an old high school friend that John knew, his name was ironically John lol! We talked with them because we were somehow placed right across from them and then ordered away. After dinner it was pretty late, and we decided to go pick Alex up who was knocked out from having fun at Grandma's!!


John actually gave me my gift Friday, which was a tanning pass because who wants to be white and pasty? No just kidding! For some reason I've always enjoyed being tan and I feel like cause we never get a lot of sun here in the winter I need some Vitamin D! I also got 3 dozen red roses which I love, and it was because it was our 3rd Valentine's Day together. I just want to know what he's going to do when we hit 20.. or even 50 ! So I got up super early Saturday and went tanning while the boys were still asleep and ran and got the Jenny and the boys gifts! Oh and did I mention it was coming down with snow? The last time it snowed on V-day was when I was like 14 in Dallas. YES.. Dallas!

My sick yet very happy baby, there's his new funny face

I then came home to a baby covered in a rash.. yuck. His clothes got mixed it with some fabric softener and he was broken out everywhere, we went to the doctor to be safe. After finding out he'd be just fine and because he was acting completely normal we went on with our day. We went to buy Alex some birthday gifts and to get John's gift his pen tablet that he's been talking about for weeks. They were sold out everywhere and THANK GOODNESS for BYU Bookstore because they had plenty. We had to go buy Circuit City before they closed down forever and I was shocked to see how must stuff was already gone! We were investigating TVs, and then decided no because we'd never sleep with one in our room again. I had to go by the cameras, I figured all the nice ones would be gone and it's always nice to dream right? I then felt my mouth drop, I saw them add about 10 boxes of Nikon SLRs. Something I was hoping for on my birthday! I started looking at the D90 and thinking and wishing and hoping I could have it one day for school. Then John surprises me and buys it for me, I totally freaked and couldn't believe it I almost died!! (I must say this, it's part of birthday and v-day cause we never go THIS big for are special days.. we're not rich ya know! hehe) After that we went and bought John some new clothes and I swore to myself I WOULD NOT even think about it.. but in the end I did a little.


We enjoyed going out to dinner again that night and then just sat around and snuggled on the couch with some movies. Alex passed out early and we were able to over all have an amazing Valentine's Day!! I got royally spoiled and I haven't put my Nikon down ever since.. I can't wait to use this for school!!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to see all your great pictures now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. photos - we need photos with the new camera!!! what a fun day, you are totally spoiled -- gotta love it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Happy V-day to you missy! What a lucky girl! Roses, dinner, a camera, clothes and a babysitter. I can't remember if Kai and I even said happy v-day to each other!!!!

    I hope you are coming to Candi and Jonathan's wedding. Maybe you can help me get some good shots with your new beauty of a camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the new pics! what a fun toy. and flowers too- you are one spoiled girl:) glad you guys had such a fun day. and utah does suck the color out of you. i don't know how it does it, but it does. tanning is a good thing in utah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I know I haven't commented in a while. I have been avoiding the computer. sounds like you had a great V-day weekend. Gotta love surprises! Glad my cousin is treating you so well. If he wasn't I would whack him for you. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete