Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Extended is always better.

So I promised that I would get down and write about the reunion! Sorry it's taken so long but a lot of people are still here and I'm trying to enjoy my time with them and do all the fun activities that we've all planned! It's so nice to have family in town, I know my friends are wondering where I have been but there is nothing like family.

So.. Saturday John and I get over there and of course we're always late as usual. I was so surprised and didn't realize how many people showed! I was SOOOO glad to see everyone! But anyways we all hung out and did some mingling and eating and then the stories started. I've still got some editing on the videos to do, but I at least got the pictures done! I didn't realize how many we took! Anyways we had a ton of fun catching up and laughing at all the stories! I hadn't even heard most of them before!! Here are a few of my favorite pictures..

Mady and Alex are SOOOO cute! I love how adorable Mady is, she is the sweetest happiest little thing ever. Not that Ethan, Lauren and Kate aren't either but man I could eat Mady up. She really seem to enjoy seeing Alex, and Alex was happy to see her too!



Anyways after story time and catch-up everyone went to go see Jack and Michelle's house and Me, John, Alex, Steve, Darla, Libbie, Ethan, Lauren, Kate, and Jenny went to the dinosaur museum. Wow, I really got an idea of what it would be like to have a bunch of kids in a few years. But actually in all reality they were great. They had so much fun looking at everything and especially playing in the sand area with the water sand and fake dinosaurs. I mean who wouldn't? I would jumped in myself if I could!

Ok.. so John had everyone make a scary face by "Jaws"..I love how Kate just poses and Ethan looks like he's swimming! Lauren actually looks scared, and Jenny is just laughing!




But this is an ALL TIME favorite. Kate has this innocent "I'm a perfect angel face" I was laughing so hard when I saw this! I now know how girls at this age get everything they want.




Alex sure enjoyed himself too.. Everyone was getting laughs and smiles left and right. I think he wished he was apart of the whole adventure. By the way we finally found out that the small bit of fussiness we've was cause Alex has an ear infection on top of teething! (I guess it happens to some babies when they teethe) But since it's under control now, I don't even realize he's teething he's been such an angel. I hope all my kids are as wonderful as him.



After the museum Heather and Janelle had to go catch their plan back and Mandy, Adam, the kids, Aunt Verla and Uncle Larry had to head back to Idaho and everyone kind of went and relaxed at home. Sunday I think everyone miraculously got up and went to the Tabernacle in the morning at 7 to leave (which would never happen for us since we don't get up until 8 for church). We had dinner and hung out and talked about all kinds of things.

The rest of the time we got together and did activities such as Park City, and going to temple square and the the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to see the movie they are playing (which made me cry) And we went to a few other places.. where Sharon, Katherine and I got lost because I have no sense of direction and then the 3 of us headed to my house to relax before dinner. Which again through me not paying attention took a long detour through American Fork to Pleasant Grove. We call it a "Good photo opp."



But there's the family.. All of us, what a great time we all had together. I hate that it was so fast but it's so great having extended family, I find it SO important to become close with everyone regardless of time or circumstances. I don't want to miss one minute to see everyone and enjoy my time with them.

Oh and if anyone wants to see the whole album and wants to download any go to our Mac Gallery "Family Reunion '08"

No comments:

Post a Comment