Thursday, July 10, 2008

House full of Grumps

Well a lot has happened in the last week or so! I've been busy running around planning the sealing stuff (which I know is almost idiotic because I don't have a date set just yet) But I see it this way, I'll have nothing to plan when it comes down to everything which is kind of a relief on my end. I hate being a mess and in a rush of things, I turn into a totally different person and get real irritated with everything and everyone. I'm what you call a "perfectionist" especially when it comes to "my special day".. pathetic.. I know.

Well I've made this goal that if I go to the gym at least 5 days a week.. 6 if I have time, I eat healthy (John and I are on a great diet), and I meet my goal weight I can go get some fun new clothes, and go back to one of my favorite things to do. Tanning. I know it's bad for you and I'll probably be like 40 and have skin cancer but I love it. I hate tanning in the heat because I get so uncomfortable, and you have no idea how much unregulated rays you get and 20 minutes of a certain dose of rays is great for me. I love Vitamin D and as stupid as it sounds I'm much happier in the summer when the sun is out here then in the winter when it just stays cold, cloudy, and it snows. I use to be a Manager of a tanning salon when John and I first moved to Utah and I LOVED it. Even though I kinda got messed over by the owner it was nice to have a 60 hour a week job that I enjoyed.. I even got free tans. Tanning in Utah is EXPENSIVE! Texas is so much better and they have salons anywhere! Utah you have to search for the right place. Anyways.. that's how I'm going to reward myself.

In other news Alex has two new milestones he has hit. I can't believe he is growing SO fast.. it's almost scary!! Well He already rolls to one side, and now every now and then and fight himself to get on his stomach and when he does it's hilarious! He's ok for the first few seconds and then out of no where he freaks out! I mean he gets so mad because he can't get back over!! I laugh so hard and I think it makes it worse.. but oh well it's cute.

The second milestone is he got a tooth! This little guy is teething! AHH!! The last few days have been tough at nap time and bed time and out of no where he wakes up hysterical at night and then after a little he goes right back to sleep. Well Libbie was feeling around today and she didn't feel anything and then Alex bit down on her finger and poof! A little sharp edge sticking out. He loves his teething rings.. thank goodness for that!! I've got a whole range of stuff to Baby Orajel to Tablets to soothe. I just feel bad because I had no idea what was going on and I was so restless trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Obviously nothing! He's just growing a dang tooth! Woo.. it's actually a relief. That's where the title comes in, we have all been grumpy, and with having just a little bit of less sleep makes life more difficult. Well I take that back, Alex is fun and giggly until nap time. But I shouldn't be complaining I get a whole lot more sleep than I did when he was first born!!

Oh and I thought I'd share this funny picture of Alex.. this is how he looks when he wakes up in the morning. Who ever made crib bumpers is a genius! All I need is a broken leg or something.




Sunny was in town with the girls last weekend! Which was super fun!! They are all COMPLETELY adorable and it makes me want a girl more and more! I thought I'd share these pictures for everyone to see!





As you can see my poor son had a long day. Anyways I had so much fun hanging out and talking with everyone! I was sad we didn't get to hang out longer but I know I'll get to see them soon again!

Lastly, the Ferguson "non-reunion" starts this weekend! Everyone is pretty much going to be there and I'm so excited! I love big families..ok well I take that back too. I didn't love big families until I met John's. I LOVE having so many people to talk with and spend time with! I have 3 aunts, 3 uncles, 5 cousins and 2 grandmas, 1 grandpa.. and a set of step-grandparents. That is super small compared to everyone else I know. I love staying in contact with the Ostler and Ferguson side. Everyone is so nice, warm and outgoing!

I'll let everyone know how it goes and have lots of pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment