Monday, July 7, 2008

I feel like I'm dreaming.

Well this last week has been very peaceful actually! I got to finally relax for a few days and enjoy sometime with Alex one-on-one. Since I had all this free time I was able to read the new book Eclipse that I haven't been able to touch since I've been so busy the last few weeks. Well I started it Tuesday and boy did I read! I read over 400 pages! It's like addicting and after I finally finished it, it was almost weird because I couldn't pick up another book and actually read it. I finally have to wait, but thankfully not that long!

I also started my "temple hopping" and got to go to the Jordan River temple which was beautiful. We ate lunch there and holy cow the food there was better than any fast food place I've ever been too! It's funny though every time you go through the temple you really do learn something new. I always enjoy my time there with John.

Any ways this nice 3-day weekend was so much fun! I was so glad to be able to spend a few days as a family with John and Alex! Thursday John had a half-day and we went running around to run errands and got our cousin Tiffany's daughter Lacey some clothes for a gift.

Friday was an awesome 4th of July! John and I slept in until like 10 or 11 with Alex! We hung around all day and John and I went bargain shopping for a few things which is always fun. We came home and took a nap (I've been super tired lately) and then went over to John Sr. and Libbie's house for dinner and fireworks. I almost bought Alex an outfit for the 4th but I remembered I had my FAVORITE outfit that was red, white, and blue!! It's from Zutano one of my favorite clothing lines. Here's how my cute munchkin looks:




Saturday John somehow talked me into going to Vernon Reservoir and trying to fish and catch craw fish. WHAT A DISASTER!! I brought the play-yard, Alex's port a-swing, and got the umbrellas and everything set up and we were there for maybe 10 mins and we were both so irritated we packed up and headed to Strawberry. And what a good idea that was! We found our new "secret hunting grounds" lol and caught nearly 300 craw fish. YUMMY!! It only took us a little over an hour and this is the funny part.. we didn't even use the trap we bought. We tied fishing line to raw chicken and just watched those suckers swarm onto the chicken and pulled them in.

Here they are:




^^There is John enjoying himself thinking he's cool. lol

And here's the finished product:




Alex felt like the craw fish were more important then him and wanted attention the last 30 mins so I stuck him in his sling naked! :) Funny baby he is.



That night we had friends over for dinner which was way fun, I got to overwhelm Chelsea with baby advice and bargains. I felt bad after she left because I know how overwhelmed I was even without advice from other people! I didn't even realize it was nearly midnight by the time we finished playing the Wii. (Way past my bedtime now-a-days) But I guess the old saying is true: Times flies when your having fun! That and busy with a baby. I think they forgot to add that in when they wrote that saying!

Any ways Sunday nearly topped Saturday! I was so excited to finally meet Tiffany, Bryce, Riley, Jack and of course Lacey! They had a last minute baby blessing here and Lacey looked GORGEOUS! I was so jealous and poor John got to here me all day talk about how much I want a girl now! Here gown is beautiful too! Look at it!! It was a beautiful blessing though and I was so excited to be able to talk with Tiffany! She's just as outgoing as her twin Stephanie (who is equally awesome too) and loves to talk about everything!




I finally found insurance for the three of us which was a battle but it was worth it and it's actually a really good plan. Alex is still turning over as much as he can and now has found his voice and LOVES to talk. It's so cute to hear it but after 30 mins in the car and him screaming you almost want to bang your head on the dash because he gets so loud! John and I thought he was in pain, but low in behold he's thinks it's funny to make all kinds of noises now. He's growing fast too! It was funny looking at Lacey and him after the blessing because she's a month younger and just a like 2 pounds less. I love that Alex is big though.. he seems to be doing everything either on time or just a little earlier. Here is one of my favorites.. I was trying to get his huge milk mustache and forgot the flash was up and look how it turned out.. I like that his blue eyes are popping out!!



Ok well I have talked enough.. and I hear Alex talking trying to tell me he wants me to come play with him. LOL Sorry it's been so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment