Thursday, July 31, 2008

A True Ferguson.

Ok so I know I was suppose to write my next post about our anniversary but, I've been getting annoyed the past few weeks about having people think Alex is like 6 or 7 months old. Especially because I'm 5'4 and like 130 pounds and I've got this gigantic baby that I carry around on my hip all the time. I have to get into the explanation that my husband is 6'5 and 200+ pounds and blah blah blah. Everyone that knows me obviously understands right away from it, and how it kind of gets on my nerves when people I don't know act all surprised.

That and I got all these fun things for Alex, and I've realized he is like almost grown out of it! I mean I got him a swing for upstairs that he can barely fit in anymore, all these clothes, a bunch of toys and I'm like sitting here thinking this exact though: "My child is eating me out of house and home". Like literally.. when I found out I was going to have a baby, I thought he was going to probably be big because even though I was a preemie (5/6 weeks) I never realized why they called me that (until taking classes) because I was almost 7 pounds when I was born and John was a good size baby too.

So after doing all the wellness check-up stuff with the doctor at his 4 month check-up I was very honest and asked if he was normal for his size. If everything equaled out, you know height, weight, head circumstances and thankfully it did. Then I explained how I get people asking all these questions and being so surprised at his age. Well the doctor (who I love by the way) said everything was normal, and he told me to expect people to think that way because they don't realize who your married too, so don't be afraid to put it all on your husband. I laughed about it, but hey it's true.. (Sorry John ;). He even cracked a couple of jokes telling me that at least Alex is a good size because smaller babies make him think they're unhealthy and plump babies are always a good sign that everything is going right.

Anyways it was still on my mind until I heard the same thing from another doctor I saw there, and then talking to everyone in the Ferguson family. Having them here was more than a blessing, especially having Tiffany here. Her and Steph said how Ferguson babies were big babies and I wasn't the only one, that and everyone in town for the reunion said the same. That's just the way things are in the Ferguson family and just wait, they get bigger.

I feel really stupid new for letting such a small thing worry me, but who doesn't want a healthy baby? I just don't like the fact that kids are overweight now-a-days and are playing video games ALL DAY, watching TV.. and not outside playing or doing something. There are exceptions (healthy issues etc.) to what I am saying here so I'm hopefully I'm not offending anyone. But I never got to into all that and always enjoyed being with friends, playing, and doing sports.

Anyways.. I'm glad to have realized I was being an overly worried mom (as usual) and glad to know I've got a true Ferguson baby :)



^^That's the swing I'm talking about.. and that's Alex trying to bend upward to see what's going on.

Our anniversary is tomorrow... I can't wait!! I promise to write about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment