Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stick to a ROUTINE

Well I feel like this weekend has been a little bit crazy so far, I've wanted to update a little bit sooner but just haven't had any time! I feel like all the sudden Alex wants to be busy ALL day long. I can't believe I complained about how tough it was when he was born!! Now he's like a toddler who can't walk or crawl yet but wants to do things all the time. It's also been hard to get things back on a routine, with family here.

My routine:

-Wake up around 8-9am hearing Alex talking in his room
-Get a bottle ready because I know the minute I walk in that's exactly what he wants
-After, let him relax and play with a few toys I've put on a blanket to play with
-When that gets boring put him in his jumper (which I have a hilarious video of)
-Eat again and possibly go down for a nap (He's a cat "napper")
-Then pull out the play mat with all his favorite toys and get the songs going
-Another nap...*crosses fingers*
-After all that try some one-one play time
-Playing ridiculous games that makes him laugh
-Eat again and attempt to try another nap
-Finally try the last option of either taking him for a walk in the stroller or
putting him in his swing
-Get him in the high-chair to eat some veggies
-Play with Daddy until time to eat and bedtime
-Feed Alex between 8-9pm and possibly give him a bath
-Read him a few stories before putting him down

Repeat EVERY day.. or end up shooting yourself for getting a baby out of order.

This is how I find him in the morning after a nice night of sleeping through the night. I'm glad we've gotten through the growth spurts finally!


I finally have him on a routine and happy and he's been a little off/on his schedule because of the teething so he may wake up once during the night just to be rocked because of waking with tooth pain.

He's started to do a few new fun things:

-He talks non-stop until he either wears himself out or gets tired of it. And has also learned that making loud noises gets him attention. (Funny how babies are smarter than we think)


-Remember when I posted about catching him rolling around? Well when he's on his play mat or on his blanket with his toys he will roll onto one side and then just keep rolling. It's like he's gotta take it slow and then he's off and running. I have to watch his every move now!

-He grabs everything in sight.. any toy.. pacifier.. whatever. His favorite thing to do is hold onto his pacifier and try to start chewing on it, that or take it out of his mouth and put it back in. (but not the right way.. wouldn't that be nice?) Scary now that I have to watch what's what and where it is.

-Lastly and this is the best, I've been going to the gym after John gets home from work and while I'm gone, John usually gets dinner started. Well Alex is usually so excited to see him that John has to put him in the high chair so Alex can be part of the fun. Well I come home Monday while John's getting dinner together and I hear Alex is the kitchen freaking out. Every time John starts messing with the food he gets so mad! I started laughing so hard I had to sit down cause I couldn't breathe. I finally realized that if we feed him vegetables while were cooking he's so content and happy.


That's him before the veggies.. see that face, that's how irritated he really was.

Who would of known a baby would freak out so bad over food? I sure didn't think so, I thought they just drooled and looked mesmerized. Not my son, he shows a lot of emotion at dinner time.

I didn't know what to think when I saw this, John is completely in love with sunflower seeds and we usually stock pile a couple of bags of them because John goes through them so much. Well all Alex could do was just watch John eating them and started to make all kinds of noises every time John grabbed the bag. So.. I told john to just show it to him and let him try and hold it.. I caught this picture while this was all going on.


Of course he gets what he wants.. and he wont let it go either..


I also feel bad because the last day or so Alex has been chomping down on his gums trying to break his 2nd tooth through. I hate that he has to suffer so much.. dang tooth! But what's so wonderful is that John makes up all kinds of songs to sing to him.. and he actually loves it. I have a few of my own but John seems to be a lot more creative than me and isn't scared to do it in front of everyone.

I love how my son gets drugged up after a bottle.. he gets so hyped up when he wants one and right after he's finished it's like he collapses and wants to just lay there unconscious.


John and my anniversary is on Friday, and by popular demand from family members and friends I promise my next post will be how John and I met. The short version that is, I don't want to bore everyone with the long version, you don't need to know all the details to know how we feel in love. I can't wait to give John the gift I bought him.. and do the things I've planned if he didn't read this I'd tell everyone. Sorry honey♥♥

I think I need to blog more.. or write less. I always have these outrageously long blogs. At least everyone that doesn't see us often can be part every moment though!

No comments:

Post a Comment