Monday, October 6, 2008

The Adventures of a Baby Named Alex

Well I don't really know where to begin, I feel like the weeks are flying by and the weekends are going by so much faster. It's almost Halloween and next thing you know Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here. It's finally really cooled down and it doesn't look like it's going to get really hot here anymore. I'm glad so I can now where all my favorite winter clothes and put Alex is all his new winter clothes I've been dying to see him in! This weekend has pretty calm and quite, and I was glad that we were able to relax at home during the yucky weather and watch General Conference together. I can always feel the Spirit more when I'm watching something to do with the gospel and I always seem learn something new every time too. Alex's favorite part of the whole thing was all the singing by the choir and the primary children. Every time the singing began he would stop everything he was doing and stare at the TV until a new talk began. At least he got a little bit of something out of it, it's got to be hard keeping more than one occupied during conference let alone getting them to pay attention.

I love the fact that we actually got some beautiful snow up on the mountains and I realized that I do have a beautiful view from my new house. I can get great pictures of the mountains and landscape from my backyard!


Alex's outfit that I'm completely in love with, he's SO cute in it and I love the fact that his jacket has ears! See what I'm talking about when I sat cute winter clothes!


In new things Alex has started to do something hilarious. I've started to sit him up on the floor on his favorite blanket with a bunch of toys and a bunch of "safety" pillows in case he falls over after sitting up for long periods of time. Well, I've found a new way to tell when Alex needs a nap. He starts to fall forward until he wakes himself up and sits up again. He keeps doing it until I or John pick him up and lay him down either in his crib or our bed. I guess you have to really see it to understand but I noticed it yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. It reminds me of someone who is sleep deprived and trying so hard not to go to sleep. (Definitely my son, I expect to have this issue until late childhood)

Now that Alex is sitting up all the time, he's learned that bath time can be a whole lot more fun. He's getting a little bit to big for his tub but I realized that since he's almost ready to be in the regular tub I wouldn't buy a new one. He's splashing and playing with his bath toys, and trying to grab at the water as if to hold it. He loves the bath so much he usually doesn't want to get out until the water starts to get cold. I think he'd rather taking a shower with John then a bath though, he gets to play with the water coming out of the shower head and dad tickles him the entire time.


Speaking of tickling, I've been waiting for the day that he was really going to laugh when he was tickled. Anytime anyone tickles him he goes into this fit of laughter and it's so cute! I have to get a video of it because it's so adorable. But the one new thing that is hard for me to get use to is his babbling. I thought that it was going to be a mild case of him talking daily, boy was I wrong. All he does is talk, all day long.. it's like you'd think he's trying to have a long conversation with you, and by nap time he's so worn out he's sleeps for a few hours. So I guess there is an upside to that.

Oh.. and the "creeping" Alex is doing is getting better and better everyday. I keep praying that he doesn't get to mobile to soon.

Alex's 3rd tooth finally cut through! All I can think about is one down, one to go!! He's had a tough time and he's been a little bit more clingy lately because of it. I can usually leave him alone for awhile and he can keep himself occupied but lately all he wants is me or John. No big deal we both love to be with him all the time, it's just a little different then what were use to. He usually like to keep himself occupied, and I don't know if it's cause of the teething or he's at that age. Either way he's happy and that's all the matters to me.

This is what I was talking about with Alex and the computers, it's not just one anymore.


He's doing it to all three of our computers. He honestly leaps for them when he's anywhere near them. As you can see he's really concentrating in that first one.. he's hard at work checking my email.


And this is a Thank You to Aunt Michele. I received Baby Tad from Aunt Michelle at my baby shower and was wondering when I could take it out of the box and let Alex play. Well when I did, I didn't realize how much Alex would fall in love with it.. all he wants is Baby Tad and could play with him all day if I'd let him. I've never seen a toy light up his face so much!

Well I've got a busy day ahead of me, and I thought I'd get this in during Alex's morning nap. I get to go buy more baby clothes because the weather has changed so much and Alex won't stop growing! I thought I'd have enough but now that I think about it, I probably won't and everywhere is having big sales! I can't miss a sale of clothes being the bargain shopper I am!

FHE is tonight and we're decorating the house for Halloween.. =] I'll have to post pictures! That and talk about how the table food is going... boy is that an experience. I can't believe he's almost 7 months here soon.

P.S. Anyone got a facebook? I've finally broke my stand and decided to make one! Lol, I can't believe I found 90 of my friends in just a few days! I love re-kindling old friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment