Thursday, October 16, 2008

If it's not one thing it's another.

Well I really have tons of stuff to blog about but I figured I'd break into a few semi-long blog entries instead of talking every ones heads off and getting bored about halfway through. This last week has been so crazy for us, with the weather changing, my house on the fritz, stocking up on new baby clothes, waiting anxiously for Alex's costume, and Alex trying to break out of the house. (Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little)

So weather; I'm so glad that it really started to cool off because I'm able to enjoy the windows open during the day and going for walks with Alex and being outside a bunch. Ok I honestly hate the heat here, it's just flat out irritating. Dallas comes in #2 and New Orleans takes the cake and comes in at #1 just because they are both humid. But it gets so ridiculously hot because we are so much closer to the sun.. I feel like I'm burning here in the summer! Ok I actually do burn, something I've never done in my entire life!!


Hey I love the cold weather and I'm not the sick one over here so lets got out and find some babes!

But with cold weather comes colds.. John and I both have colds and lucky for us Alex is happy, bouncy and cold-free. He must be some mutant child because he's with us all day and doesn't seem to be getting a tiny bit of being sick. He must definitely have more of John's genes then mine because John gets sick once a year and I use to (before moving to Utah) get bronchitis 4-5 times a year, plus a few colds and sore throats. Lets just say that I was always sick as a child and should probably be kept in a bubble. Every sickness I was around I usually caught and was sick twice as long as other, pathetic really.

Now with wonderful chilly weather here (which has decided to warm up the last day or so) I had to go bargain shopping for new winter clothes for Alex. I bought a few things a week or two ago to test out what size Alex was wearing and to my surprise he just skipped 9 months. Ok I really wasn't that surprise be he doesn't last very long it anything anyways.. that's probably the reason I "bargain" shop for clothes instead of buying the expensive stuff. I kept in under a $100 bucks and bought a full stock of 12 month winter clothing (Ok who is joking I'll be lucky if he makes it through Christmas) from 2 of my favorite brands Osh Kosh and Carter's. And then went to Kohl's and got a sweet deal on a Carters coat (which are actually kind of expensive! I mean come on people it's baby clothes why price it so outrageous!) Alex now insists that he will no longer be held or in his car seat when we are in the stores he must sit in the cart and be able to socialize with everyone like an adult. He's thinks that if he makes a few friends a day he's doing well, but would prefer more of them to either be nice older ladies or other babies he can flirt with.


Who knew going shopping would be so much fun, I love playing with my clothes!

Speaking of clothes I ordered Alex's Halloween costume on the internet and after a few days of waiting and hoping that it was actually shipped and arriving I found a nice USPS box on my porch. It's so cute and it's exactly what I was hoping for! I wanted to shop a small snippet of what it looks like but I knew I'd probably give the whole thing away, so you'll just have to wait until Halloween to see what an adorable animal he is. Ok I said it, he is an animal.. you'll have to use your imagination from here and I know animal is very broad but what's the fun if I give it away!

Ok so I've said it once, I'll say it again I hate Provo.. I'm sorry to offend all of you that loved it here but I really just can't stand it. I can't honestly stand my townhouse either, it's in a very nice area with very nice people don't get me wrong but the place is a mess! The previous owners just dodn't take care of it and I'm getting extremely irritated with the management company. We've had a locksmith out here, a plumber twice, a garage door man.. and lets not forget the electrician and someone to fix our window who they STILL HAVEN"T SENT! I hate management companies and in my opinion the are only necessary if you have 3 or more properties that you own. I could go on and on about this but lets move on to something more positive.


Uh mom stop messing with me, I'm trying to practice over here

Alex is chomping on everything with his 2 top and 2 bottom teeth in, and the creeping is starting to slowly turn more into crawling.. and the screaming well that's still around but Alex has a new found talent that his father showed him, and Alex thinks it's hilarious and would do it all day if he could.


He's a little intimidated by dad over there but that doesn't stop him!

Well other than all that we went to Thanksgiving Point and took tons of picture with the pumpkins, bought a few for the house and have lots to say about the missionaries! But that will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment