Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick Ending

Well where to start? I've been meaning to blog about a few things but one thing in particular; Twilight. I actually saw it the day after it came out with John and surprisingly I liked it a whole bunch! Now needless to say that the books were obviously far better but I really enjoyed the characters and the some of the funny dialogue. I know a lot of people hate Robert Pattinson who was casted for Edward but I actually loved him because he was who I envisioned it all of the books I read (remember I read them over the summer) and he's a major cutie. I thought Kristen Stewart who played Bella did a great job, even though people think the acting was horrible I actually felt like she fit the part well. And beside what the critics say I can't wait for the next one!! We also saw Transporter 3 this past weekend which was good except for the girl.. I hated that, Jason Statham plays those actions roles well but not with the gushy girl stuff. We were suppose to see Four Christmases but ended up putting that off because it was John's turn to pick the movie and he was dead set on Transporter 3.

Beside that we had an awesome break, it was SOOO nice to have quality time to spend as a family and just relax. John and I are always busy doing something and always seem to run ourselves ragged and when the weekend finally rolls around we enjoy a day or maybe 2 if we're lucky and then it starts all over again. But I cant complain because I love to be busy, it's so much better than twiddling my thumbs.

We woke up for Thanksgiving and actually slept in until 9, went by Libbie's and caught up with Heidi and Aaron and got to see Will. Who by the way is very cute with his chubby face, I have to post the picture that Libbie took with me holding both boys in HEELS, I never knew I was that coordinated I guess I was almost balancing myself out! It was funny to hold them both cause Will was so comfortable on my arm and Alex was nearly breaking the other, I swear some days I feel like I'm going to break my back carrying that kid around. But it was cute to see Alex try and attack Will's hair and grab his arms and toes, it's always fun to see babies play. Then we met up with the Ferguson side of the family to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at Jack & Michelle's which by the way was amazingly delicious. We hung out played a few games until Alex started to conk out in Grandma's arms and the turkey was starting to kick in. We enjoyed the rest of the day being lazy and watching football which btw GO COWBOYS & UT!!

We actually watched a whole lot of football this weekend which surprised me cause by the end of it I thought I was going to beat the snot out of John with a football. I feel bad though cause I really didn't take to many pictures because I was trying to catch up with everyone in the family. Oh and we watched Fred Claus and Hancock which were both great movies.. we both had seen Fred Claus before but it was still good a second time around I love Vince Vaughn.

Friday involved shopping because it was "Black Friday" a fun day to try to catch some deals!! It sure was crazy though and you wanna know what is irritating? That people here in Utah go nuts over it, they're super rude and try to fight you on the gifts, parking places.. I mean everything! UGHH!! But I did enjoy the sales at Walmart, Target and The Children's Place which had AMAZING deals.

And not to mention this.. this really just made me explode! We went to Los Hermanos for lunch today and you know the plates are always hot.. which btw I think is stupid cause our food wasn't even steaming hot. But anyways Alex always sits in the highchair and plays with stuff.. well when the guy was bringing the food John WARNED him to not put the plate down where Alex could touch it.. what did the idiot do? Put it right in his face and poor pumpkin burnt his hand! But that's not even the kicker, the guy has the audacity to come speak to me when John is in the bathroom and STILL bring me the check, he never even had his manger come over.. ridiculous. Now I understand that when you don't have children of your own you don't realize certain things but I mean how difficult is it to listen? I worked in several restaurants and even though I had never had any experience with children I knew better!! But John found the manager who was a very sweet woman that must of had children of her own because she felt horrible and that she would take care of the situation. People just don't think sometimes, the least he could of done was be mature and speak to both of us with his manager. But Alex is doing just fine we put some cold water on it and although it's still red I don't think he's got any blisters.

And now Sunday is here and I'm glad to go to church tomorrow and enjoy one more day of relaxation, even though it was over so quick!! I'm still praying that Alex's 6th tooth cuts here soon.. it's like every other tooth of his decides to be stubborn!! Although Alex is crawling backwards and crawling forward when it's a necessity he's learning to stand. Yes.. scary!! John caught him standing in his crib the other morning and he now frequently tries to in the living room. And now that Alex can go from sitting to crawling vise versus he now amuses himself in his crib in the morning by playing with his toys and giving us extra time to sleep! Hooray!

I'm super excited Christmas is right around the corner!! Next thing I know it'll be Alex's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment