Monday, June 1, 2009

Could I even ask for more?

I never know what to expect when my birthday comes around every year. Ever since John and I got married I find myself always getting so surprised when my special day comes. John and I are exactly 11 years and 1 week apart, surprising huh? He's over a decade older than me.. and I find it funny when people who don't know ask how we even got together let alone married. We'll I wont' go into that TOO much but I'm a lot more mature than most girls my age and well I just knew I was going to marry John after a month or two of dating.

My birthday weekend was AMAZING, I say that because John always makes me so happy and does everything to spoil me royally! Whether it be him making me breakfast, taking me to dinner, or buying me cute and fun gifts! I'm actually SO grateful John supports me in my photography business because that's mostly what I asked for, for my birthday. I got some AWESOME antique props for my photography, he tried to by me the lens I'd been literally drooling over for months but it was out of stock. (oh well that's what's online shopping is for!) I won't list everything since it was a lot, but I got a ton of stuff and I love it all! I am so shocked John got me everything I wanted! =]

But besides the gifts John and I decided to spend our birthday getaway up in Park City.. bare with me we had so much fun I forgot to take pictures! I dropped Alex off with Libbie (THANK YOU for watching him!!) and we made our way up to have sushi at the Flying Sumo since I love Sushi so much! Of course that didn't fill John up so we headed across the street to Prime Steak House where they were offering a 2 for 1 Entree and John totally got hooked up with Fillet and Lobster Tail. John ALMOST got the piano payer to sing me Happy Birthday, but I wasn't having it! We then went out for the evening and had fun talking about old memories and I was so pooped I feel asleep!

We woke up the next day and both slept in until 11am I don't remember ever sleeping that late! It's sure been awhile, Alex usually sleeps until at least 9 but never 11! It was so nice to wake up refreshed and not have Alex calling me down the hall or Lady whining to go out and go potty! I think I deserve a day like that more often! John and I then headed home and on the way stopped at this AMAZING Boutique that sold awesome antiques... and everything was 50% percent off! I bought a few great props and I can't wait to use them. I've been looking everywhere for adorable props!

After all that we went to go pick up the dog and Alex and I seriously drove it bumper to bumper traffic for 30 minutes and got maybe a mile until I jumped off the highway. I haven't had traffic like that since Dallas, it was irritating!! I spent some time trying to do a short shoot that I decided to continue next week and then John and I spent the rest of the evening cuddled on the couch watching the Discovery Channel. I know weird right? It's seriously all we watch, I love watching about nature and wild life it fascinates me.. I dream of shooting pictures over in Africa on all the beautiful creatures. Bet you never would of guessed that we watched that huh?


This is just here since you're about to see a ton of pictures at once (I couldn't forget pictures of my kinda cake!) I love Hotels even though I lost bad!

I woke up Sunday to my husband playing with Alex and taking care of the dog, oh and cooking me breakfast! I love when John cooks he is such an amazing cook, and it's always a treat to be able to have both of the kids taken care of and happy! We then went to church and tried to get in for our interview with the stake president but realized it'd be at least an hour with the line we were waiting in and headed over to John Sr. and Libbie's house for dinner! They made my favorite tri-tip and 7 layer bars! It was all SO good I felt spoiled! It's also a tradition in my family that everyone usually calls and tells you happy birthday, but every year my mom and dad tell me the story of how I was born. I know cheesy but I love hearing it especially when I miss them and I'm so far away! My Aunt who is like my second mom also called and every year she brags of how she saw me first! And finally my grandmother who is such an amazing woman never forgets to call me and wish me happy wishes and talk to her grandson! I feel like this day was so special you have no idea!


I really was enjoying myself I swear!


Yum!


Happy Birthday to me!

We enjoyed the rest of the evening yes again, watching Discovery Channel. I'm sad it's over but it was a wonderful birthday and I can't believe I'm 21. I can't even explain how different I look on life and how much I've changed. Boy, I wanted this day to come since I was like 15 and here it is.. here. And it just feels like another birthday but happier than I could of imagined.


He loves Grandma's golf balls SO much.


Here's a shot of what mos of the living and dinning area looks like.

Look at the mess boo made, Ok I helped a little. I so want one of those guns that shoot those discs, they're amazing!

=]

6 comments:

  1. what a fun birthday getaway!! i love park city!! and i also love 7 layer bars!! can you mail me some?!?! haha! happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! Everyone deserves a little spoiling/pampering on their big day.

    I totally remember playing Hotels with Johnny. That is one competitive husband you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy happy b-day! i'm so glad you had fun. i love being spoiled. you make me feel like an old lady, though! i'll be 28 in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birthday! How fun to go to Park City. I am so glad that it was such a happy day/ weekend for you!

    I love that picture with Alex and the golf balls. I talked to Grandma O. today and she was feeling bad that she didn't get your b-day present off to you in time for it to be there on your special day. I told her I was sure you wouldn't mind getting it later because I was sure Johnny was going to spoil you rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you had such a great bday and the pics are awesome! Happy Birthday again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh babe! Wasn't this day a blast. I think the day before with all the gifts was fun, cuz I had the opt. to spoil you and watch you smile!!! I love you babe I am glad it was an awesome Bday for you!

    -John

    ReplyDelete