Friday, May 29, 2009

Finally Settled.. sheesh.

Traveling really knocks ya out you know that? I mean I can't believe I went almost 2 weeks without blogging and then got all these posts in this week! I'm glad to be home and settled and I'm ready to prepare some future changes that will be happening around here soon. But I've been so busy now that we bought another car, I'm running errands all day trying to figure things out for our sealing.


The unforgettable face.

I haven't talked about Buster in awhile, I seriously love to update and tell people what he's doing! Alex keeps going through growth spurts which is driving me crazy, his 18-24 months clothes aren't so lose anymore and 2 pairs of shoes no longer fit. (Friendly reminder of why I should stop shopping now) It's so funny because lately I've had someone almost everyday ask how old Alex is and I always ask them to guess (because it's funny to see people's reaction) they usually say he's 2 when he's really 15 months. What can I say he's Jolly Green Giant Jr, and he sure eats like him too, the kid eats like a 4 year old folks. I'm out buying him more food every few days.

He's talking a whole lot more, he still has his days but he's been communicating a lot about what he wants and what his favorite things are like the dog, the sippie and the paci. (Don't ask, really please.. I know I said the paci was saying goodbye but SERIOUSLY he some how keeps finding them!) If I really sit down and try to have him say something more or less after a few times he'll say his "own" version of the word.

He's dancing, every time.. every where. It's so funny because all I have to do is say the word dance and he's off an running, that and he'll try and sing along! Also he's learned to maneuver around things, through them where ever to get where he's going. Climbing is becoming one of his new found sports. He likes to climb up the stairs, down the stairs.. onto the couch and chairs and into the cabinets and dishwasher. I really have to keep my eye on the kid more! I'm surprised he does all these things because I didn't walk until I was 16 months! (I was 5 weeks pre-mature) Alex enjoys running in circles and has picked up walking backwards.. he loves to do it for some reason?

He knows when we're talking about him and he actually runs over and gives us a little smile. It's so cute and I like to do it all the time just to see his reaction!

And something I can be proud of is he's starting to try and brush his teeth by himself, it's cute he suddenly doesn't like me doing it anymore. He also is helping me dress him and undress himself and from time to time "tries" to put his toys away. Gotta get him started early on chores you know!

He's got another best friend besides Isaac. Lady and Alex play all day long and they absolutely love each other, it's much nicer now that she's pretty much potty trained too! It's nice because at the end of the day they're both worn out and ready for bed and they're both nut up until at least 9!


His new favorite things, balloons I might as well buy a helium tank they make him that happy

Maybe I shouldn't wait so long to brag about my little one, there is just SO much new stuff going on all the time it just amazes me!

Other than that I've been busy doing photography and started a new blog, it's not up and going just yet but I will let you all know when it is! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend I can't wait for my birthday, it's just 2 days away!!

P.S. I promise to talk more about my sealing, I have so much fun things going on with it too!

3 comments:

  1. i am excited for the new blog!! and i am glad you keep updating your blog and i love the fact that alex is going to be bigger then you by age 5. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is today (the 31st) your birthday??? Hope it is a great one!!

    I feel exhausted from reading all your posts! No wonder you were so wiped out! You guys have been having such a fun and busy time! I really enjoyed all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute leah! really! i love your photos of alex and he is such a little stud!

    ReplyDelete