Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beach Boys

Before we ended our trip we had to do two things that day, go to the beach for the first time with Alex and go spend some one one one time with Grandma O. She'd been so busy with the wedding we never got a real chance to see her and since it was her first time seeing Alex we had to spend a few hours of at her house!


Uh.. Where am I?

First the beach, when we got there I didn't know how Alex would react to the sand and ocean. Alex didn't really like the dry sand, I mean who would it's a total workout! I wish I could run on the beach everyday because just walking 30 yards was a struggle with my 20 pound camera bag! He loved the wet sand though he was grabbing fistfuls of it trying to figure out what the heck it was.


Did I ever say that I absouletly love the beach??


And the ocean, well surprisingly he loved it.. he loved being in the water that was actually quite nice after a few minutes of getting use to it. He ran around in it and almost tripped (wouldn't of been good with no towel) and then played with his daddy in it where he tried to splash him! I think Alex considered it a HUGE bath tub and was actually in tears when we had to leave.


My Boys.

Then we went by Grandma O's house to spend time with her before we headed to the airport. I really love spending time with grandparents, they're so wise and wonderful. I loved hearing all about John when he was little and looking at all the pictures she has! I LOVE pictures and all the memories that come with them, I got to see the entire Ostler family grow up. I'm considering grabbing a few for black mail in the future =] We enjoyed lunch there and Alex got to run around and chase Grandma's dog and see him spend time with Grandma. I think it's such a special thing when you're grandparents get to see their great-grand kids. I seriously left Grandma O's house in tears because I honestly hate saying goodbye to family, they're so special to me!


We then rushed to the car rental place to jump on a super shuttle.. yes super shuttle because the car rental place wanted $120.00 to drive us 20 minutes away ridiculous I mean come on that more than double what super shuttle wanted! Luckily we got there on time and then headed to the airport where we arrived seriously 2 hours early. We ate a good late lunch and then I enjoyed free internet for the rest of the time before we jumped on the plane. Remember how I said in the first Cali post how grateful I am to have John with me.. well he was amazing and took care of Alex most the time on the flight back. Even though we haven't taken the long vacation we've wanted it was nice to get away for a little while and enjoy family!

7 comments:

  1. We love the beach! We never come prepared and always leave with children in soaking wet clothes. Such fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the beach and gma o!! what a fun day! and i already know those embarassing pictures were of me!! haha, lets just saw we all had awkward phases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the beach. i can't wait to go this summer- even though texas beaches aren't quite the same as cali beaches, they will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say your next mini vacation is to come back to Texas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a babe SCREEEEEM! So loud that they where leaving the ocean, Alex loved the waves and for his first time there he was so intreuged. It was a blast to see grandma O and Alex having soooo much fun with her. Grandma O is a gem and one of the very best people I have ever known in my 32 years. She ranks the top of my top 4 people!

    -John

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute beach pics! i just love water... beach, lake, river, stream, waterfall! all of it... grandma ostler is looking good!

    ReplyDelete