Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cali

Oh California how I love thee. You are the most amazing state beyond belief and pull in at almost first next to Texas my home.


I'm still trying to convince John that I need a baby palm tree

Our California trip came fast after we got home from Idaho, and the days up to it I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I've been trying to get a lot done for our sealing, dealing with getting my dress made and fittings, dealing with the caterers, getting invitations done and planning a short honeymoon type trip. But I also had to get us packed, get the dog taken care of.

We left at night, which made everything so much easier, I usually fly out in the late morning and I'm always rushed to get everything going. This time it was so nice because I was able to get everything done and go by the mall before leaving. I mean who doesn't want to shop before you go out of town? We actually just went to kill time because we got up to Salt Lake to early (which NEVER happens, we're always running late) and then headed to the airport to jump on the plane. I was SO thankful to have John it's so hard to travel by myself with a toddler! John and Alex played the whole flight, which went by fast, and I got to enjoy a book and a movie on my iPod. We got to stay with Matt & Katie for our trip and I was honestly so excited to meet them it's seriously like I've known them both for years.


Sunnie and Kirstie don't they both look fabulous! I can't believe SUnnie is due here soon and she looks SO good!


Kirstie, Tiff, and Tiff's daughter is she just beautiful? Ok joking it's the little girl she was babysitting!

Katie and I got up Friday to go to a surprise baby shower for Sunnie at Chili’s. It was so nice to have a girlie get together and see how shocked Sunnie was to show up and see all of us! She got spoiled with all kinds of good gifts!

That night we went out to dinner at this restaurant right off the pier Clemente in San and we had so much food I couldn't even eat or main course! Alex passed out during it all and we got to see the sunset sitting outside! It was beautiful and all I could think about was how I'd die to live in such a beautiful place like that.


Everything about these two makes me smile!

Saturday was a BIG day for us, it was Candi; our cousin's wedding. We got lucky that Matt & Katie offered to babysit while we went (which btw they'd make great parents someday)!! I got up at like 7am to do my hair, which turned out PERFECT until 30 minutes later I realized that the humidity killed it. We got to the temple right on time surprisingly and all I can say was how beautiful it was. John and I could never be so happier. After I helped Amy take pictures, which was fun yet hard.. I blame the sun completely because everyone did such a good job being patient! Weddings also make me nervous because it's a once in a lifetime experience and you don't want to mess that up! I'm not a pro yet ya know!


Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I loved how adorable they were together


I love this picture, both his parents are looking at him and he's looking at me!


The big family that I totally love, I really enjoyed spending time with ALL of you. I miss you all already!


Cambria and Kiera were SO adorable this was such a beautiful picture!

After that John had to go get a shirt because his had something on it and somehow I got stuff all over my shirt! We went to the mall and had lunch and lets just say that I think California malls are WAY better than Scottsdale everything I could ever want and more but surprisingly enough all I did was buy an outfit for the reception! Which was beautiful by the way I never knew you could turn a church culture hall into something so breath taking! The food was good and who doesn't enjoy MORE time with family, and I can say that most of my family members are some of my closest friends!


Jonathan actually swept Candi up and danced with her for they're first song it was SO sweet!


Us with Grandma Ostler, we miss you so much already and can't wait to see you soon!!


I seriously love all of these girls, I think we all look so beautiful here!!


Katie and I goofing off, hey we were trying to kill time since we showed up to early!

See I wasn't joking about shoving in all these posts, I can't believe I've blogged three days in a row.. miracle! Part two is up next!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't this the Best! I think that Matt and Katie although loved having us, would think twice as we took over the entire bottom floor of their home...lol! Candi's wedding was amazing and I can't wait to see all the family again soon. - john

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such an awesome entry! i love all the photos and it looks like y'all had the BEST time!!! CA can be so much fun... xoox
    PS: Grandma Ostler looks AMAZING! She is such an awesome lady... I miss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some nasty pics of me!! haha, you guys must come back soon and this time down to san diego!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing pictures of all of these people I once knew! Candi looks great and it looks like a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, super fabulous pics hahaha. We loved having you guys!!! miss you already.

    ReplyDelete