Thursday, May 7, 2009

Issues upon issues.

So now that I have over 10,000 pictures.. I think I from time to time go through them to look at the work I've done and how far I've come in the last weeks/months. I am amazed and I am so glad I've taken advantage of the classes my teacher is amazing and I love how she teaches!


But beside that.. I found this picture McKenzie shot last October and I can't believe I never posted it, how adorable is this baby? He looks like a little statue, and I can't believe I never noticed it until now! I wish I could get more shots like this but it's so hard now that he's walking.

Oh.. and drum roll please..... dum dum dum. The winner of the giveaway is Amy!! Wahoo! I used random generator and they picked lucky number 4! Even though the rest of you didn't win I know I'll be shooting you guys sometime in the near future anyways! Amy I am so excited to shoot you guys or the kids, you tell me!


Please ignore pacifier.. another hidden one that he found in the car

This is what happens when you try to re-install a car seat that sucks. Yes we bought a lame car seat back when Alex was like 8 or 9 months old because he's huge and are now upgrading to a Britax thank goodness and will probably still buy another one for our new vehicle. Alex half dressed trying to drive, he was honking the horn and acting like a wild animal he was so excited. Is it time for a baby Jeep..? I always wanted one as a kid and I hope when he gets older I can get him one, those things are so stinkin' cute! Oh and about the new car, John and I shared a car for the last few months and boy did that stink. I'm so grateful we got another car that was affordable, to make life easier! Now I can do photo shoots all the time! Yipee!


My kid has gotten smarter, ya know that? I didn't think it was possible or maybe I did but how he got the top off the bath soap still has me puzzled. He poured THE WHOLE bottle out and then made a bubble storm, I can't even get the stupid bottle top off.. and when I mean he took it off he UNSCREWED the whole thing. Even though the quality isn't good I thought the splash was hilarious, bath time still is on the top 5 list of favorite past times for Alex. See the bubbles on the side, that's just the beginning of the bubbles brewing.. it got to be out of control within 10 minutes.

Oh and on a much funnier note, Alex still wears size 6 diapers... still. He's been wearing um for oh about 4 or 5 months now? Maybe it's not funny to anyone else but I swear the kid has lost some weight or at least maintained 25-27 pounds but he's still not gone back down to size 5. He's got his chubby legs and his big rump of a bum that for some reason makes size 5 leak and that's an obvious issue. They just fit awkward and not enough across the tummy, so I've just decided that size 6 works and I'm ok with that but everyone we know seems to laugh because they don't know any babies in size 6 that are almost 15 months. =] Buster is getting tall too, the kid eats like a 4 year old I swear and grows like a big mess of weeds. I wonder how long we'll last in 18-24 months, I hope long enough to enjoy all the fun clothes I bought.

Which reminds me, I thought I'd post a picture of this but decided against it. I felt that maybe if I talked about my issues openly I'd have wonderful support later when the few of you that read this are possibly out with me in the future and can kindly remind me to "just say no". I seem to have amnesia, every time I go out to the mall or store I see something cute to buy Alex. Well it's all summed up to the fact that he's got more clothes than I know what to do with and I can't take them back because I like them to much. He's got every color shorts you could need and polo shirts to match. Oh and how about shoes and accessories too, he's like a life size baby Ken barbie doll. I never thought I'd be able to say this but I emptied all the clothes that don't fit and his ENTIRE bar in his closet is STILL filled with clothes. I know I'm nuts and irrational and need help, trust me I know. But go back to that first main picture I was talking about (go do it.. up there ^^^) and stare at that little face and THEN tell me you didn't lean for some sympathy for me cause who wouldn't spoil a little muffin like that?

6 comments:

  1. jada was making comments on your pics about alex being "nakie" and "baby driving" and "bubbles". cute cute pics. sad i didn't win but happy for amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is too, too cute. I think it is a survival thing or they would never get away with all the naughty things they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WON??? I can't believe it! I never win! Yahoo . . . I am so happy to be lucky number four!! I've been wanting a good family picture:)

    You are so funny! I love how you talk about your addictin to spoiling Alex. I was the same exact way with Cambria and I justified it by saying that when we had more kids they would benefit as well.
    Hard to say no to a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the statue baby shot it's one of my faves!

    He is really cute and I understand why it's heard not to buy him things; but when you feel yourself slipping,just ask yourself...do we REALLY REALLY have room for this?? No justification, if the answer is honestly no; then just back away Leah! Just back away! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i would have the same problem as you... i just love clothes too much, oh well. alex is getting so big!! we can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!! that is such an awesome post!!! i miss reading my family blogs....xoxox

    ReplyDelete