Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm still alive I swear.

So, I'm not going to deny that I've been busier than I've honestly wanted. I haven't had anytime to even pre-write any blog entries, edit photos, or get things together for photo shots and birthday events. I never thought I'd honestly complain about being busy and I hope to find myself in a few days relaxing and enjoying myself..


So where to start? The weekend before last we spent time with Adam & Mandy while we went up to pick up our puppy. John and I had a busy day before we left and actually got to pick up our new car to drive up to Idaho. John is so excited to have it, and have no car payment.. isn't that great? We got home and packed and poor buster decided to chase after his bouncy ball and eat cement. It looks a WHOLE lot wore than it was, the first day and half was bad and then after that he did fine. We were lucky to have a dentist check him out and get a prescription to prevent infection! He looked great by Monday and you couldn't even tell he had much wrong with him at all.


Adam & Mandy have the BEST places ever to shoot pictures I am so jealous!


If you look real hard you can see Ethan as a small speck there on the left

We woke up Saturday to go out and spend a day hiking and sight seeing.. one of my favorite things to do (sight seeing not hiking so much but this hike was fun!)! Adam & Mandy took us to see a waterfall where I got some fun pictures of them and the kids, unfortunately the pictures didn't turn out exactly as I wanted because of the lighting (totally my fault) but boy aren't those a cute kids I HAVE to go back up sometime this summer and shoot them again Mandy!


And to think these to men use to play together and get in trouble as kids!


I honestly can't get over what a beautiful family Adam & Mandy have!

We also went to Shoshone Falls and everyone seemed to totally enjoy themselves.. we got have cherry medicine flavored snow cones and hang out in the shade. They took us to an amazing and when I say amazing I mean it burger joint that John to this day doesn't stop talking about. Lauren, Mandy, and I also got to enjoy pedicures that although they had no hot water there, but it was very nice and relaxing after a long day on my feet! That night Mandy and I went to see Ghost of Girlfriend's Past with NO CHILDREN!! It was cute ya know one of those typical Matthew Machoney movies.


After we got home to a house full of sleeping children, Mandy showed me how to make an adorable hooded towel while the John and Adam went to see Star Trek and I think she inspired me to buy a sewing machine!!

I woke up Sunday to a happy warm Mother's Day. We went to church with the family and had the most AMAZING coconut french toast made by Adam! It was SO good!! We then headed off to pick up the new addition to the family, isn't she just gorgeous? I was also flowered with gift the days following Sunday since traveling and gifts just to mix with all the craziness.

Now we're back home and getting acquainted to Lady and starting potty training.. not the funniest thing. But Alex and Lady became best friends over night, those two LOVE each other and I think they'd sleep together if we'd let them.

6 comments:

  1. I love that pic of mandy's kid on the truck- it is so cute! good luck with potty training the puppy- i hate potty training kids, so i imagine it is no fun with a dog either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to have a copy of the truck picture! You did such a good job. We had so much fun with you guys and we'd love to have you again anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the truck picture. The antique coloring is so pretty.
    Sounds like a great trip - you have been a busy girl! Have fun with your new puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are such good pictures!! i'm forcing you to take pictures of my children one day!! and was that movie good? i wanted to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the pic on the old truck - that was awesome! that is the stuff that makes art out of photography! fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't this the best weekend ever! Dude I have to say haning out with my family is nothing but the best! Thanks to Adam and Mandy, we had a blast!!! I have to say I have been craving some Home Town Burgers! - John

    ReplyDelete