Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Anniversary

So, I promised to post about our anniversary and how John and I met. It's actually kind of an interesting story, because we met on two different occasions before actually going out together.

Well, I actually graduated early from High School in like September of '05 and started working with friends trying to help promote some of the new clubs out in Dallas that February. It was really just a way to meet people and get in for free and have fun on Friday and Saturdays. John had maybe been living in Dallas for 4 or 5 months and one evening I went out with one of my best friends and a few other people to enjoy a Saturday night like usual. We were out dancing on the dance floor enjoying ourselves and having a good time mingling with everyone when we decided to go find some of our friends and this guy stops me. It was John and he just out of no where stops me and starts talking "Hey how are you?" and we go on talking for awhile until Christina decides she's ready to go find our friends. Him and I exchange numbers and he asks me if I want to go to a basketball game. Me being polite say "Sure sounds like fun" and tells him to call me later.

Anyways, a day goes by and I finally receive a phone call from him and we just start talking about anything you could imagine. He started telling me he got floor seats to the Finals of Mavs vs Lakers in Dallas and gave me the time and date. We kept talking on and off for a few days and I was somewhat interested in him but what I forgot to mention is that I was actually on and off with my ex-boyfriend and am not the time of person to step out on someone I'm dating. So, the day of the game I don't answer or talk to John, and he actually ends up taking his really good friend Scot and never calls me again. OK PAUSE. I know even if I didn't like the guy I missed out on an AWESOME game that John had floor seats to. I should of at least gone and enjoyed myself and called it quits after that. But stupid me I just blew him off and didn't think to much after that.

Well about a month or so went by (End of March.. beginning of April) and I ended the relationship with my ex and was feeling the single life after 2+ years. I was out having an awesome time with all my friends and still go out to the clubs, but this time actually trying to take an interest in new guys. I went heading up with Christina to the VIP area and I thought I heard someone call my name, but since no one stopped me I just kept going. John's friend Scot had actually spotted me and said "Hey look it's Brittany Spears, remember her" and that's when John realized he saw me again. He actually kept my number in his phone and texted me. Well I didn't save his number and so when I finally realized who it was we started going back in forth over texts. He had actually left with friends to go eat, so I told him to call me later and we'd talk.

Right then is where it all started. We started to talk again on the phone and one night I was going on about how irritated I was that there wasn't any food in the house and that I was going to have to get something. John actually offered to take me to get sushi and for the first time in a LONG time I was nervous!! We got together and I didn't have much to wear because everything was in the washer so I found the next best thing compared to my scrubs. We tried to find sushi for almost an hour but every restaurant was out of meat so we ended up at the Grand Lux Cafe (Upscale Cheesecake Factory) at the Galleria Mall and ended up being there so long that they were asking if we wanted anything else because the kitchen was closing. We had talked for almost 2 hours, and realized that it was so late that I had to get back for work tomorrow.

After that we were pretty much inseparable, we always talked and texted each other non-stop. And our Second date involved John picking out a cocktail dress from Neiman Marcus (that I still have btw) for me, a business meeting (which was BORING), a dinner at Ruth Chris were John paying for us and the couple next to us who spent their 50th Anniversary there, and playing Putt Putt all dressed up. I had so much fun I couldn't believe it was past midnight again so quickly! And after that I think he sealed the deal that he had caught my interest.

We went on a few weekend trips together, spent every minute together and did all kinds of crazy things. We celebrated every month of our anniversary together doing something new and fun an took turns every other month. By the end of May I came up and met the family and after that moment I knew we were going to be together forever. Things moved fast and a few weeks after our birthdays we got engaged. (Quick I KNOW!) And then August 1, 2006 we got married!!

That pretty much sums it up for the quick and easy version.. but I thought I'd let everyone know how we came to be and even though we barely dated we just knew it was meant to be. I think that explains how we always think of each other as soul mates, because we both knew right away and didn't need time to act our feelings!

Here are a few pictures of past anniversaries and events..


Flowers I decorated up to the door step, and if you look hard you might see a sheep sitting at the door lol


Those are ALL the cards we gave each other within the few months we dated.


Us at Aaron and Heidi's wedding completely in love with each other :)


Our 5th month together when John painted up the car and surprised me after I got off from work!


Us now, happier than ever with the most precious thing we share.

I guess when you know, you just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment