Friday, March 13, 2009

Getting a little messy

Well a bunch of things have suddenly changed and had it's ups and downs in the last week. Some good, some bad and now finally things feel back to normal. It all started about a week ago when Alex had an "unexplained" dying need to eat in the middle of the night and eating like crazy during the day. The waking up was utterly exhausting and John and I were both taking turns dealing with Alex. I'm glad it was a growth spurt and him teething again, I don't know what I'd do if this became a regular thing. I've also cut his afternoon nap out which means he is in bed by 8-8:30 and wakes up at 9 or 10. He takes one 3 hour nap now, which lets me do whatever.

He refuses to walk and rather runs around the house, and when he falls he starts yelling and then gets up and starts it all over again. The upside is Alex is rolling a ball back and forth to us and trying to kick it (possible sport player??), handing me his cup when he wants more to drink, pointing and gabbing when he wants some of my food, and pushing certain buttons on his toys, the remote and our phones. He's saying more and more, and I'm starting to finally develop the unknown skill to understand him (I never knew how people could understand their kids when they mumbled words together)Alex is now in love with Disney movies and kid's educational shows. I get an hour to read while he watches whatever and enjoys it, and he's become so much more independent.


I love the fact Alex has a ton of hair I can play with it and do it now, and if you notice the big purple spot of his face it's from him falling after running. Looks a whole lot worse than what it is.

I've got exciting news for me! I start photography classes next week! I can't get into classes at school until Spring and I decided I just couldn't wait until then! So I found an amazing photographer who has a curriculum and it's exactly what I need. And she's affordable, I'm excited to actually get use out of all of my gear and all that money I spent. I can hardly wait!!

More good news is John and I both have a few trips planned to Texas and Arizona and possibly Idaho and California. I'm so excited to get some time out of Utah! I can't wait to get out and be in some actual "normal" weather.


You probably can't see the spit, but Alex likes to sit in the sunlight do raspberries so he can see his spit. Try clicking on it to blow it up

A few people have asked what books I'm reading and I figured I'd share them with everyone. I'm reading a Private Series by Kate Brian which is actually a really good book series. At first I found it a little vulgar but the more I read and the less I saw things I really enjoyed it. It's about a girl who receives a scholarship to a prestigious academy and she has no idea how her life is going to change. She gets a culture shock coming from a small town in Pennsylvania to being around a bunch of rich trust fund babies and gets to see a different kind life. 200 page book with short chapters.. I've read 5 in about 2 days. I've got another four to go.

The other is the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, I haven't got to really get into it, and all I know is that it's another vampire series that started before Twilight and is a little more mature. I hear great things about it and we'll start it in the next day or two.
He's loves that he can walk, he even laughs about it.


**Note: This was taken about a week ago before the running kicked in. I cut the video up cause it was so long and I swear he doesn't always walk around with no pants on, the kid just takes them off... and same goes with his shoes, socks and hats. I think he'd take his shirt off if he knew how.

I'm so ready for a fun weekend and only like a week until Alex is 1! I can't believe the time is almost here! I have a little more shopping to do for his big day and would love to get it out of the way before Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. you'll have to get in touch with me if you are really coming to houston. we would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to see you!!! alex is darling! transitioning from infant to toddler is a fun time... and with all the bruises from falling and stripping of clothes in winter weather... you become an unknowing tarfet fo cps.... laughing! he is such a doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable. I love that video. The spitting picture is hilarious. I'm excited to talk with you tomorrow and hopefully see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete