Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just when I thought things were calming down..

I'm a bad blogger I'm just going to go ahead and admit it. I can't even set up my pre-written blog posts up so I don't have to worry about blogging! After Alex's birthday I thought I'd be less busy and have more time to get things set up before I went out of town... nope! Here's the long awaited birthday day.. sorry guys =]

Part Dos:


After the zoo I was beyond exhausted but I of course like a good helper went back over to Libbie's to help finish or more "watch" her work on the cake. We took Alex out to dinner that night and went to Tucano's which he loves (he loves anything involving meat, cheese and vegetable.. oh and sweets of course!) On the way home I had to make a few stops at random stores and at a famous toy store to get a last minute gift or two from distant family members.

We then went home and I went to wrapping and stuffing bags and boxes. I want to first of thank all of my wonderful family and friends for coming! We had close to 30 people and kids there!! I was shocked at how great everything went and Alex loved all of his gifts, he made out better that Christmas I think! (That's hard to top you know!) Alex got so many fun toys he doesn't even know what to do with himself, and he hasn't even been back to Texas to get the rest!


This is about half of his gifts.. yes half seriously he's spoiled. But don't you love to lonely unwrapped basket filled with clothes? If it hadn't turned Spring and I didn't need to dress him right for the weather the basket would of been overflowing. Can I just say in my defense I didn't realize how much I shopped until I started wrapping? I started liked 3 months ago, you can't expect me to remember!


The amazing and yummy cake my wonderful mother in law helped me make!!

The big day, Alex was actually clueless. And for once it a seriously long time he woke up at 7:30 to tell us we needed to get a move on. Oh did I forget to mention I barely made the cut off for the food order for the party? I'm such a procrastinator..


We decided since Alex is running around so much and we were trying to set everything up at Libbie's we'd tie Alex up with a ballon and at least know where he was at all time. Boy that kids loves fans and ballons I swear he'd be happy with just that for his birthday!

I was afraid Alex wasn't going to take to gettting his hands dirty. He's like his sister Jenny in a way where he'd rather not get his hands dirty unless it's completely neccesary. I guess this is one of those times..



Loves to share anything and everything he has, and especially some cake for me!

Opening presents with all the friends and family! The kids were such great helpers and even helped out by playing with most of them and getting them out of their boxes so they'd be easier to fit in the trunk! I mean we BARELY got everything in the car, and even had to squish some in between Jenny and Alex.


I love seeing Mads & Hannah play with Alex! I love when he gets to play with kids, he loves to interact with them and it's so adorable. He's always trying to just go with the flow, what and easy baby.

And this is what's going on around the house now... plenty of toys to last a few months until he displays the need for new ones. (Hopefully a lot longer than a few months!)

^^^Notice the powder all over him, dad seems to always "load him up" way to much and thinks it's hilarious when he has a "powder storm"

I have a feeling that the next few days up to me leaving for Texas is going to be crazy.. so I have a bunch of pre-blogged things to talk about so you guys don't go forgotten!

**Oh and John had to have me say that we did do the whole "Dr. Seuss theme with plates, cups, table cloth and balloons. Ya know since I made a "big deal" and all. So not true.

4 comments:

  1. i love all the fun pics! isn't it funny how many gifts you can give, yet really they'd be happy with just a box or balloon? but buying gifts is half the fun. good job making the bday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like the cutest birthday party!! how fun!! alex is so cute and that baby powder is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you went all out and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun party and a cute boy. You did a great job on the party and I really love the picture of Alex's feeding you cake! Have fun in Houston--I will miss hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete