Friday, March 6, 2009

We've got a walker folks.

Can I just first off say how much I love scheduled posts? So it's happened, one of the two things I have been so excited about for months. Walking, Alex is all over the place now getting into everything. He's opening drawers and throwing things, trying to attack my cabinets (he hasn't quite figured it out yet THANK GOODNESS) and best of all he laughs and giggles the entire time. But with walking Alex has received one of his many accidents and cut the inner part of his lip open. He was bleeding and bleeding and my first thought was "Please don't tell me he's knocked a tooth out" and lucky everything is in there tight as can be and after a little water out of his "big boy cup" he was back to normal and walking and talking again. This is the first of many isn't it?


My second favorite thing I've been waiting for is talking, I've been dying to hear words and even though Alex started with the basics a few months ago I've waited to laugh at funny things he'd start trying to say. We've heard a lot of one word lately, and it's not from me or John folks. Alex repeatedly tells me "no-no" like he's critiquing my every move. He'll be walking by me and I'll pick something up and next thing I hear is "no-no". It was the funniest moment yet, it took a minute to figure out what he was saying and then it hit me when I told him "no-no" at his attempt to climb the stairs.

I almost shocked that he's almost one and I'm trying to "relive" every moment by looking at all the videos we've taken and all the awesome 5,000+ pictures.. (I know I seriously have some camera happy issues)

In other news, I've been reading up a storm and started 2 new book series. I'm falling in love with one and the other is in the mail. I've started a new diet that I created lol, I've kind of let down on my calorie intake and given up deserts and sweets completely (unless you count those AMAZING fruit bars that hit the spot from time to time) and been regularly working out and keeping my metabolism pumping. To my amazement with almost no work I'm losing weight! I feel so happy and confident about it because I was worried I'd never get back to my "old self" where I didn't need the gym 24/7 to stay slim. It feels so good to fit into my "skinny jeans" and wear all my clothes that I love so much. Did I ever express my love for clothing?



John is hard at work doing what he does best and loving Scouts. I've never seen someone so committed and involved, I think he works harder than me and I thought I was working hard for activity days! He really enjoys the boys and can't wait until the next camp out. He's also ready for a much needed vacation or two to see our families or maybe Mexico?? *crosses fingers*

That's about it, oh and I'm still trying to find the right classes for school and what school I want to go to. I'm going back and forth about trying to get student loans or not. I'm ready for an awesome weekend once again and getting everything done for Alex's party! =]

5 comments:

  1. okay so what are you reading that you love? i always like to hear what others are reading. and little babies fall and get hurt all the time! jada had bruises on her head constantly! it is so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear what you are reading, too. The pictures of him walking are adorable. These poor babies get so many bumps and bruises it is amazing that they all survive. I can't wait to hear about the birthday plans. I'm sure it will be adorable.

    Good job with the weight loss! You should share your secrets...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another milestone for Alex! How exciting. What are you reading? What are you planning on studying in school? I'm very curious...
    By the way, I've been working out like crazy and barely losing any weight. I am jealous of those with faster metabolisms than mine (which is just about everyone). Congrats on fitting into your cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last two posts - Alex is adorable in every single one of those pictures! It is sad when you realize that your baby isn't such a baby anymore:(

    Good for you getting so skinny! Jump roping was recomended to me by my 5 year old:)

    My little girls hardly ever got hurt, but Malachi is like a walking accident waiting to happen - I often contemplate buying him a helmet for protection!

    I loved seeing those things that Johnny is making for the scouts. It reminded me of going to the cabin with him for some reason:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking and sassing all at once. Go, Alex, LOL! What is that book series? Do tell! Do tell! So glad you are getting skinny -- now that I am home I am eating ALL THE TIME ALL THE TIME ALL THE TIME. Send me some motivation!

    ReplyDelete