Friday, April 17, 2009

H-Town

Houston, it's been years since I've been. I use to go visit my grandfather and also go with an old friend to see her family. All I can say is that town needs to get it's street signs and highway exits fixed. That or I'm a complete moron.


I rented one of these babies and all in all it was a nice smooth drive. I was shocked out how roomy it was and Alex loved the thing.. he slept the whole 3 1/2 hour drive. (I technically made it in 3 but I got lost)


I got this feeling I needed to have the GPS installed and pay the extra $10 whooping bucks a day for it. Thank goodness I did because all I did was get lost, I mean I got lost with some of the simplest written direction, and I felt like an idiot. I think I will be purchasing one from Costco because it never hurts to have a back up helper when you're husband isn't around!


We spent one night with my grandfather and step-grandmother (might as well be my grandmother) and honestly I wish I could of stayed a year. They're such amazing people and I feel like my grandfather can solve all my problems. He's so easy to talk to and always makes things better, I really think they enjoyed having Alex around. My other cousin is like 7 years old and I really doubt they'll be around to see her children. It made me feel so good to let them see they're great-grand son and get the chance to enjoy him!


There's Alex showing everyone that he knows where the fan is and wants it turned on.. he always says "ooohhh" when it's on

The next day Alex and I hoped in the car and went and visited my grandmother who I hadn't seen in a few years and introduce her to her great-grand son. Beaumont is a SMALL town and I didn't realize it until I was on this little highway the whole way and the biggest thing I saw was a John Deere dealership. It was nice to catch up with her and I even got to meet her new boyfriend. Who knew at almost 80 you could still pick up guys? Hmm... Anyways we didn't get to stay to long but we did get to spend the night.


I woke up early that next morning ready to head back to Dallas, I wasn't looking forward to the drive back because I only got 4 hours of sleep since I decided to catch up on blogs and facebook.. so tempting you know?


You can tell I'm kind of out of it and not all together but isn't Jackson so cute.. I almost tried to sneak him back in my car with me!

But we had to stop back by my grandfather's to say goodbye one more time before we stopped by and met Jenn, Jackson and some of their awesome family for breakfast. We had so much fun talking and we had to of been there for almost 2 hours and I was so sad to have to go! Jackson's pictures don't do him any justice! He's definitely going to be a lady killer and I couldn't get over those cheeks!


Alex loved Kellie; Jenn's sister-in-law and he loved her boys!


This picture is seriously priceless.. and made me laugh so hard I think I almost died. This is when you learn making you're son wake up at 8 AM Central time/ 7 AM his normal time is a horrible idea. Lets just say he went right to sleep when he got in the car and slept almost the whole way back to Dallas

Well that's all from Texas, I can't wait to be back there this summer.. next stop Arizona!

7 comments:

  1. still sad i couldn't see you! maybe next time we'll make the houston blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously... that pic is priceless and horrific of all of us!!! LOL! I LOVED meeting you and chatting and having a two hour breakfast... can't wait for you and John to come back this summer!!!! LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunnie, i seriously was SO sad we couldn't get together but that's what happens when you have sick kids. I know we'll see you when we come visit again! I'm coming by no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun your trip was! it is always so nice to catch up with family! that dark shirt you are wearing is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex is a good traveler! I think he looks more and more like John everytime I see him. I'm glad you were able to have a nice visit with your grandfather, I'm sure he was so happy to see you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaumont, TX? LOL, isn't that the town from Footloose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really fit a lot in during your trip! I am so glad that you were able to visit your grandparents, I bet they LOVED spending time with Alex. I'm excited to hear all about Arizona now.

    ReplyDelete