Monday, April 13, 2009

Like a kid in a candy store.

I have so much to say and I can't believe almost two weeks later I am home in the comfort of my couch writing this. I had an AMAZING time in Houston/Dallas/Beaumont, and an even better time in Scottsdale. I'm shocked that I'd be SO ready to be home and get my life back to normal and back on a schedule! But before I talk about all these wonderful things above.. I thought I'd share something special with all of you.

A letter from the First Presidency came in the mail for John and I. Our Sealing Clearance, something I've waited for since John and I found each other and I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I almost cried when I saw this because I'd been checking the mail daily for the last 6 weeks hoping this letter would come.


I hid the address, cause this is on the internet and all!

I came home after my flight Wednesday and got all the mail from our PO Box and from our personal mailbox and schemed through it and must of passed it. We were actually driving home from our Aunt and Uncle's from a wonderful dinner for Easter with family when I actually mentioned it. This wasn't the first in the past 6 weeks I'd brought it up, and I was wondering why it hadn't come, I couldn't understand why it was taking so long! It was something I'd been dying for and I wanted to set a date, get plans on my dress started and send out invitations!

Low and behold it was sitting in the huge pile of mail I had yet to open... and when I saw it I nearly screamed. I tore it open and got nervous.. opened the creased letter and there it was the word I'd been praying for. Approved. We got it.. and I can't believe this day has finally come after almost a year of starting this process, something amazing came from it. Patience. It was signed by the Prophet himself and his two counselors.. I feel so honored to have such an amazing letter in front of me signed buy such amazing men. I'm going out and buying a frame ASAP this is something I will cherish for the rest of my life.

For my friends and family that have no idea what I'm talking about, read the info that follows it will give you more insight. It's a brief understanding on the meaning of this ceremony. It's something so special and sacred.

"LDS faithful believe civil marriages are dissolved at death if they are not later solemnized with a sealing, but that a couple who has been sealed in the temple will be married beyond physical death if they remain righteous. An illustrative difference in the marriage ceremony performed in LDS temples is the replacement of the words "until death do us part" with "for time and all eternity".

Meaning for me is that I will be with my family forever, I believe that I don't just die, I have everyone I love for the rest of my life. Something that I cherish, ever since I found out I was pregnant I wanted to jump on getting sealed. I had always wanted it but knew it would take time and possible issues might come before us. It has taught me patience and in good times things will work out the way they are suppose to. All in all it was an amazing life lesson for me.


I'm like on cloud 9 and don't plan on coming off ANYTIME soon. We'll be sealed in the Salt Lake City temple and the date will come out soon along with other plans. =]

9 comments:

  1. that is the BEST NEWS EVER!! and what a fun letter to cherish! i want something signed by the prophet!! leah, you have been waiting forever for this, i am sososooo excited for you!! i will be there for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! such great news. i bet you were soooo happy to get that in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering about your sealing . . . I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! congratulations, I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing news! There is no greater blessing than being sealed to your family for eternity. I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a wonderful blessing... i am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!

    ReplyDelete