Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where to start?

Wow, I needed a day or two to breathe after traveling so much. I was seriously exhausted and I'm surprised John didn't catch any pictures of me falling asleep sitting up, drooling on myself or talking in my sleep.


Boy loves his slinky

Well.. where to start? I woke up Wednesday actually proud of myself that I didn't pack very much and that I was ready and out the door by 8am. A huge surprise because my bag is always barely 49 lbs (It was 44 this time.. big different huh?) and I'm always rushing out the door to barely catch my plane. The down side is it started snowing.. bad. I was in a polo and flip flops all prepared for the beautiful Texas weather and wishing I had shot myself. Can you just imagine stepping in snow on your bare feet? Oh.. it only gets better.


I bought this wonderful contraption because I knew it'd save my life. I actually honestly highly recommend it for anyone flying with a child. I just got a broken one, lucky me right? The wheel kept falling off... about 1254 times to be exact. On the airplane about 3 I was so embarrassed, the nice thing was 3 EXTREMELY nice people I didn't even know decided to help. I'm glad to know that there are still kind people out there. Alex feel in to coma as the engines clicked on and he slept about 1 1/2 and decided to play the entire time with me. He actually did great in his car seat, I was expecting him to be ticked and walk around the plane, but he was great.

As I got off the plane dragging Alex in his car seat to the front of the plane (Heaven forbid I use the thing pictured above^^) I hooked him in that contraption practically begging and pleading with heavenly father that I NEEDED him to let it work for 10 mins so I could get my luggage and to my Aunt's car. Luckily.. it did. And I do have to say in the company's defense they sent me a replacement over-night and since then it's been perfect.

All I could think of was how hot it was and how much I was ready for a nap. Every time I fly I get jet lag, regardless of how long the altitude just wears me out. I was ready for a nap. To be honest I didn't take much photos, I was so busy traveling and spending time I didn't even think about photos. I can't even believe I just said that because I always have my Nikon glued to my hand.


I went and saw one of my closest friends; Jessica in Dallas and her husband and son. I loved spending time with them and it was nice to catch up with her! I swear friends like that make me want to go back home, it's so hard living out here sometimes!


Jessica's son Braylon is SO adorable I want to just eat him up, I saw him two days after he was born, then 2 months later and now he's 6 months and so big!!


Bubby had such a wonderful time with Alex, she was calling me every morning wanting to know when we were coming over for breakfast. I know she already misses him and can't wait until be come back to visit!


Alex being the little sneak he is tried to crawl up and down the stairs of every ones house we went to visit. It was until he almost rolled all the way and still found it hilarious. As you can see in all of these pictures he looks happy and normal.. somehow down in Dallas he developed diarrhea, it was ridiculous and it brought me back to the day when I needed to carry extra clothes around. Not fun, but he didn't notice one bit.
He picked up a few fun things from visiting my family.


-Plays peek-a-boo with his hands
-Points at the fan and the light and says the word
-Stared hiding his shoes so he didn't have to wear them
-Tells people hello and goodbye
-Says dog and other random words
-Clicks his tongue
-Along with "is this" points to EVERYTHING and wants you to tell him what it is, from time to time he'll try to repeat it back

How he picked these up I have no idea, I've learned one thing though he definitely is learning a lot faster and trying to mimic us all the time!

I also spent some time with my cousins who got married back in November. I have a pretty small family so I was actually able to see everyone which was SO nice because we're all like brother and sisters. I visited with my parents and unfortunately my mother had to have two surgeries while I was in town and didn't get to enjoy Alex as much as she wanted too. Bad timing and hopefully when we go back she'll get more time with him! I promised not to take any pictures because she had surgery on her eye and didn't want the whole world to see her with a patch.


My cousin Josh who might as well be my brother, took me to Pappadeaux the most AMAZING seafood restaurant. It's hard living in Utah and not getting to eat crawfish, it's just honestly not fair. He's the guy I always brag about the does my hair and makes me look fabulous. He's technically Alex's second-cousin but we've bumped him up to an Uncle.

Coming up Part Two: Houston.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your trip went so well. I really love that first picture of Alex. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun Leah. It's got to be hard to be so far away from home! I have often wanted one of those carseats with wheels for plane use, it's hard to pack a stroller and a car seat.

    Oh yeah . . . how did you do the color in that first picture of ALex with his yoyo???

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute posting... i am hoping to fly in May (to Cali to see family and friends), but I think I am keeping Jackson on my lap this time... can't wait to see how your new fave contraption works, though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture looks like it was taken in th 1950's! I love it! Braylon is adorable, for sure. You miss crawfish? Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete