Thursday, April 23, 2009

I know we're a little late.

We got home from Arizona at 4am on Easter and we literally crashed the minute we walked in the door. When I mean crashed I don't even think we took our clothes off and I still to this day have no idea how we didn't die. It was a long drive with it snowing twice and the fact that we were doing all we could to stay awake and make it home to pick Alex up on Easter morning.


We would of had a fun little Easter egg hunt, but with us getting a few hours of sleep we both were to tired and knew Alex probably could careless. He did get his very own Easter basket filled with Fisher Price Little People, a Mr. Potato head Easter Bunny and a bunch of blocks.


I think he really enjoyed it! He loves the blocks the most and has learned to throw everything he has when he's done with it. I think it's hilarious until he conked me in the back with a block and I realized we better kick that habit. That and he's learned how to hide things.. and with that I mean pacifiers, toys, balls and other weird things. I think he thinks it's a game but it's so weird because I find them in closets, under the couch and in drawers and cabinets. Silly boy.


I bought him a super cute out from Children's Place for Easter and even though we couldn't make it to church I figured he had to dress up and look darling just for that day! Everything I buy him right now is fitting a little awkwardly but it's because he's growing once again but at least I can appreciate the fact that it's not to small and he won't out grow it.


John snapped this picture while we were finishing unpacking and getting everything "back to normal". A highlight of this picture is that it's the last bottle Alex has had. We kicked the bottle habit a few weeks ago but didn't want to chance anything in Dallas or while we were in Arizona and let him enjoy it. He's bottle free and only gets his pacifier at naps and bedtime, soon that will be gone too!


Please ignore the girl in the background squinting trying to take picture of that adorable baby. I loved this photo because Alex loved to walk up and down the street and then actually try and jump in the street! He thinks he's mister tough guy now that he's running all over the place. I really think he's super proud he's walking and I can't believe he's been walking for over a month now!


After a few hours of relaxing we headed over to Uncle Jack & Aunt Michelle's house to celebrate Easter with everyone. It was so much fun to enjoy every ones company and actually celebrate a holiday with family! We ate such good food and Alex decided he had to be a part of all the action!


This kid loves strawberries... I mean he was taking whole chunks! He's starting eating everything we hand him whole, and would rather us not cut things up. Thanks goodness he hasn't chocked on anything but he just gobbles it all down!

Well even though I'm a week and a half late I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun Easter basket. The Easter bunny Mr. Potato Head is a great idea. I LOVE Alex's Easter outfit. He looks so grown up. And the squinty girl in the background looks cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex's easter outfit is so cute! and you are way skinny ms leah chasing after your baby in your trues! looks like such a fun easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy strawberries- i love them too. my kids are hit or miss with fruit sometimes. i wish they would eat it more. oh well. cute easter pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his little easter outfit, so sweet! I can tell he's getting more hair, darker too! It's so cute how he's pimping it on the sidewalk. ha ha. He's becoming a man overnight!! no bottle, no binky?? wow, you must be getting ready for another one???? I dunno, I'm just saying is all.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had to point out.....my mom and dad are wearing the same colored shirt...coincidence? I don't think so!lol...aren't they so cute in their old age! (ha ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Tiff do you know I was thinking the same thing the entire time I was there! I always notice your parents matching.. they're SO cute I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex is so cute in his Easter oufit! I love that hat! You look great. I love how your dark hair looks! It is so hard to come back from a trip and be exhausted and then have a child who is rearin' to go!

    ReplyDelete